My 2101 and me.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey thank u all so much for the kind words:) glad to see so many of your pictures, and all of them on the road.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool story Norm. 385xp is my favorite saw and I can honestly say I worry about hurting its feelings when I leave it behind but lately it's killing my low back to run it.
Thank u! What bar is on it? They get me too at times. I'm liking the Oregon reduced weight on my 395. They are a better bar than they used to be.

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool story Norm. 385xp is my favorite saw and I can honestly say I worry about hurting its feelings when I leave it behind but lately it's killing my low back to run it.

I have tried 1 385...it has been a heck of a saw!! I need to get an rpm meter though...seems like it wants to rev to the moon. Need to see if it's staying in its sweet spot.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Evidently from the pics V-stacks and K and N style air filters were popular on those things .My 2100CD being a west coaster has the same set up .

Those old duffers have plenty of power .Can be a beech to start if they get flooded which the have a tendency to do .They should have made the things with a decomp .

MERR6267

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like 'em too, and so does my boy!

36" below. Big Cottonwoods that the neighbors had taken down. I cut them at 20" long and pocked them up with the skidding tongs and drove them to the pile one round at a time. (see my roof line in the pic)
20151105_151929.jpg
20151105_170502.jpg
Deacon has trouble starting them too . . .

20151105_170618.jpg 20151105_170622.jpg

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Evidently from the pics V-stacks and K and N style air filters were popular on those things .My 2100CD being a west coaster has the same set up .

Those old duffers have plenty of power .Can be a beech to start if they get flooded which the have a tendency to do .They should have made the things with a decomp .
Yeah mine has a v-stack now too. Only way to go, I feel being able to run better, modern filters.

MERR6267

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Norm, Thanks for starting this thread, (and it's older cousin on AS). The other thread convinced me to buy this unit. It was in the hands of a younger guy (my age) who had gotten it from his grandfather. The younger guy had one of those newfangled 395's for his main firewood saw :coleman:, and wanted rid of the ol' girl.

I snatched it up and put it to work. You'll see some comments on Mastermind's 2100 piston thread on AS about VEC and GOLF pistons that I've swapped in this saw and how the castings appeared identical. They needed a little cleanup with a file to even fit the width of the rod, but it's been ok running since. I can't remember which unit was in the saw when I bought it, but I bought the kit and swapped rings with Cabers and circlips with OEM Husqvarna as I'd heard of trouble stories with the included parts.

If'n Mastermind gets any traction with Meteor I'm all in for at least one piston.

Hooray! I might be in the mood to replace my starter housing too as this saw was the victim of some kind of crushing injury.

One question to you 210x masters, what is a good replacement rubber for the handle? I tried some heater hose but could not get it to go for the life of me. Used the compressed air trick, some boiling water, soap etc, but I could not get the thing to slide on more than 3 inches . . . I suppose the diameter was simply not large enough to fit.

Carry-on,
Phill

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey phill Thank u for the compliment. I own a 395 as well, let's just say my 2100 will never go:) sweet on your score, I'm ::) flattered The old thread, helped convince u to try one. The hose is a great question, I'm stumped. Maybe try madsens the make wraps. Try and see if they sell the rubber seperate maybe? Mmm asrermind traction on what piston? I've thought for years an aftermarket supplier needs to make parts, since the resurection of the 2100. Its ridiculous bcc saws like the 288 and 2100 are not Dealer supported.

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mastermind had been working with meteor to get a quality am piston built for the 2100...haven't seen any news about it recently. Hopefully he has been able to make some headway with them
I have also heard of a "little" work to a 395 piston, and it will work as well. Not sure of the extent of work though.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mastermind had been working with meteor to get a quality am piston built for the 2100...haven't seen any news about it recently. Hopefully he has been able to make some headway with them
I have also heard of a "little" work to a 395 piston, and it will work as well. Not sure of the extent of work though.
Sweet its much needed, as well as cylinders too.

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sweet its much needed, as well as cylinders too.

I fully agree!! Can't Let the 2100 die..I'm sure the company that decided to make these parts would do decent, with the following these saws have.

VinceGU05

one day when i grow up...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
here is my baby after a full rebuild.. just waiting on me to assemble a new tank as the old one leas fuel, and waiting on a few bits from the US.
might have to ditch the Sugi 24" light bar i got it and go for at least a 32" :BangHead: