MTRONIC AND AUTOTUNE COMPUTER??

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I heard somebody make a joke about a snap-on scanner working on mtronic and autotune and it got me thinking.

What kind of tuner or computer software and cables do you need to play with the autotune and mtronic carbs on the newer saws?

It is clear that we are moving into a new era of chainsaws, we are even seeing fuel injected models. I know for me ide like to be able to work on these carbs myself instead of having to take my babies back to the dealership for maintenance

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I heard somebody make a joke about a snap-on scanner working on mtronic and autotune and it got me thinking.

What kind of tuner or computer software and cables do you need to play with the autotune and mtronic carbs on the newer saws?

It is clear that we are moving into a new era of chainsaws, we are even seeing fuel injected models. I know for me ide like to be able to work on these carbs myself instead of having to take my babies back to the dealership for maintenance
You have to go to the dealer because there “scanners” are proprietary. Which is some BS... but they know this... they want you to go to the dealer to spend more money. You just have to hope you have a good local dealer. I hope they follow the car world at some point and come out with a standard obd scanner like cars use to hook up to.

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You have to go to the dealer because there “scanners” are proprietary. Which is some BS... but they know this... they want you to go to the dealer to spend more money. You just have to hope you have a good local dealer. I hope they follow the car world at some point and come out with a standard obd scanner like cars use to hook up to.

If a man could talk a dealer technician into sneaking him a copy of the software he'd be in good shape.

Anybody know if they use a laptop type software like commercial trucks or a handheld scanner like cars?

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If a man could talk a dealer technician into sneaking him a copy of the software he'd be in good shape.

Anybody know if they use a laptop type software like commercial trucks or a handheld scanner like cars?
Local dealer here uses a laptop system.

av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Husky is proprietary, Stihl is not. Stihl’s “scanner” is the MDG1. You can purchase these and use them on m-tronic products. (Not just saws) The software for the system is updated each time you use it. You must be online to use it. It is possible you’ll walk in to your Stihl dealer and he could refuse to sell it to you. Happened to me. I went to another and bought mine. The kit had a defective Bluetooth dongle and Stihl warranted it. In fact the District rep called me herself to get an address for the warranty claim. Nobody ever alluded to it being proprietary information or dealer only products.