First more major mtronic issue for me

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
10:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well was bound to happen but finally had my first more than just a recalibration issue on Stihl mtronic saw. The oldest of the tree guys 201t’s that we got used last summer because new ones are scarce came in for a broken air filter cover and clutch cover. I got the parts fixed it and test ran the saw it was all good. Late this spring he picked it up and climbed a tree next to my house for me and all of a sudden it wouldn’t idle. I tried a field reset and that didn’t do it wouldn’t idle enough to recalibrate even. Tried to reset with the mdg1 and still nothing then went on to fuel lines, impulse and vacuum lines they were all good. Tried a new white solenoid on it because I couldn’t find my spare black and despite what’s been written at times the white one won’t work on the old saws most of the time. The green is the universal replacement for black and will work in place of white also. Got green one and still wouldn’t run so i ultrasonic cleaned carb 3 times and rebuilt it but nothing. Pulled saw down enough to vac and pressure test and it passed. Finally gave in and ordered a new carb and it runs perfectly, so despite what a person thinks they can just fail like that without any warning. Of course some other carbs I had they gave signs of failure because they needed adjustment pretty often so I guess the mtronic would mask that up till it couldn’t tune it out anymore. I did also ask my friend at Stihl what’s with making it complicated if a green works on new or old why even make white just go all green so if you need one you just order one.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
10:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Still think mtronics are great just might be a little learning curve with the system masking certain issues like small air leaks ect.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
9:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very interesting. Thank you for sharing.