huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
6:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 084 oiler I worked on this winter was seized. Took it apart and it looked spotless. Had to grab the drive with vise grips to get it freed up. 20 years worth of bar oil had gummed it up enough to spin the drive tang on the plastic gear and ruin it. Had to actually clean the piston and walls to get the gum out. Almost like cosmoline inside.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a poulan 4400 that was bubbling air out of the oiler. Almost no oil. Turned out it was sucking air from an end seal. I'm not sure how similar it is to a 460 oiler but check out this thread
Poulan 4400 oiler
http://opeforum.com/index.php?threads/Poulan-4400-oiler.1715/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Landmark

Chainsaw Hack
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok i filled oil tanm up with diesel and ran the saw. None ever came out of the oil hole. When i revved the saw up it peed out the vent. What should i try next. Another oiler? Btw local stihl dealer priced me an oiler for 101.00. So new from them is not an option.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok i filled oil tanm up with diesel and ran the saw. None ever came out of the oil hole. When i revved the saw up it peed out the vent. What should i try next. Another oiler? Btw local stihl dealer priced me an oiler for 101.00. So new from them is not an option.
The way I found my problem was I removed the oiler and the hose to the tank. I put the oil line in some oil and spun the pump gear by hand. This will test just the pump, not the drive mechanism.

Landmark

Chainsaw Hack
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The way I found my problem was I removed the oiler and the hose to the tank. I put the oil line in some oil and spun the pump gear by hand. This will test just the pump, not the drive mechanism.
Ok just tried that. All i ever got it to do it burp a bubble or two. Never even a drop of oil.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok just tried that. All i ever got it to do it burp a bubble or two. Never even a drop of oil.
Definitely something wrong in the pump then. If you submerge the pump will it pump oil? If so its sucking air somewhere.