MS201T C

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So a box was in the mailbox today from @redlight066. In it was this handy bit that fits nicely in the carb.
78c3aa1929709875a0cb52e472a9bc6b.jpg
7d5a7f26d6c5e8efcf3a1a3d127bda80.jpg
b8fa1489aa554d3108d19a3227e0ede4.jpg
be66ca805268860f169c108c6808f87f.jpg

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I popped some pictures of the wiring and how it tucks in the carb box for any of you that are curious or for future reference. The carburetor disconnect slides out as a whole and does NOT have to be disconnected in the carburetor box. Everything has a place and tucks out of the way nicely.
e894449a87fd3aeefa35337e38d76aa9.jpg
870402515237321025f93024aebd7c5e.jpg
d060bdcc01ced1f92726d1ae348d90a0.jpg
62b1776f2a44bf867b588e2087ee00d0.jpg
b4160eb7dce4e0fa8f83b66ab641e9aa.jpg

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So this little piece came also. It appears that it is to ensure there is no flywheel / high tension lead interaction. I do not see how to make it fit in these cases though. It may be due to the heat shrink repair, but I do not see how to make it fit by the coil bosses either. Either way it will not fit currently. I also noticed there is a slight rub still on the coil lead. Right now that is as good as it gets with out major coil surgery or replacement. I was quoted 139.99 for the coil so for now we run it and ensure everything else is okay. IF it fails again, I will address it then. It may clearance a bit of heat shrink and be good...time will tell.
de9c662fe450d40b126e6c8c6da2ff02.jpg
350c4258cd01924b1fa9a8caa8458f41.jpg
54d3979d4bb99b36ce955a4a28f8cd76.jpg
dd8a74456191b3ff0baa2e0260e1f425.jpg

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Filled the fuel tank and a half dozen pulls or so and it fired right up. I'll run it a bit tomorrow if time allows. Then I will most likely give it a little muffler mod if the owner is okay with it.

I wish I had a better solution for the spark plug lead. This saw is so tight everything has to be just so. I may be able to splice it where it goes behind the coil...maybe.

Again thanks to everyone who has helped and given ideas and insight.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
wish I had a better solution for the spark plug lead. This saw is so tight everything has to be just so. I may be able to splice it where it goes behind the coil...maybe.

Can you make the slot the lead is in a little deeper?

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn't think the flywheel wore down to bare wire, so I was thinking just cut off the heat shrink and use the plastic piece.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can you make the slot the lead is in a little deeper?
Maybe... looks like I am going back into this one... ran for about 5 minutes. Could not get it to do a reset with out stalling. Would start right back up. Went to start a cut and it died like I hit the switch... not a sound since then.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn't think the flywheel wore down to bare wire, so I was thinking just cut off the heat shrink and use the plastic piece.
If you look at the pictures it doesn't even fit with the coil removed... the cases are physically different I think by the coil mounting boss.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe... looks like I am going back into this one... ran for about 5 minutes. Could not get it to do a reset with out stalling. Would start right back up. Went to start a cut and it died like I hit the switch... not a sound since then.
Try to replace the carb or coil. Wasted my time with a 441 mtronic carb rebuilding it and replacing the solenoid multiple times. New carb, empty wallet and fixed lol. Oh and fit one of the updated orange fuel filters if it doesn’t have one. It’s funny though I have to say, I haven’t had a single issue with the non mtronic 441 here. Works great.

Last edited:

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Try to replace the carb or coil. Wasted my time with a 441 mtronic carb rebuilding it and replacing the solenoid multiple times. New carb, empty wallet and fixed lol. Oh and fit one of the updated orange fuel filters if it doesn’t have one. It’s funny though I have to say, I haven’t had a single issue with the non mtronic 441 here. Works great.
I have to look at this 362 that came in yesterday. If it has a white solenoid on it, from what I read I can swap the solenoid.

I doubt it is fuel though...even a prime and it doesn't pop. It died way too quick to be a fuel starvation issue.

Also I should point out it did die a few times after some piss revs. Those times one pull and back to zipping away.

I am running out of patience for this saw. Doesn't help having some tough projects to close out going on at work right now and a 60 mile ride to and from that site everyday. Really limits my shop time.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tannerite..........
Not far from it.

I have slept on this...walked away from it last night.

Different wiring harness - same issue.

What do we need for run? Suck - squeeze - bang - blow / Fuel - compression - ignition.

We have the squeeze - compression has come up nicely now that the flooding cleared the crankcase.

Fuel - if I shoot fuel through the carb we have fuel.

Ignition - we don't have it.

The saw was acting like it kept getting a shut down signal yesterday. I have a couple of options here to figure it out.

1. Disconnect the black grounding terminal in the handle. This would eliminate a way to electrically kill the saw and no possibility of the terminals shorting in the handle.
2. Attempt a repair on the high tension lead. Not excited but it cannot get more broken.
3. Order a coil. I honestly feel this will be the answer. When I have checked spark it has been randomly intermittent and never a "hot and fat" spark. I checked this 362CM and it produces a fat blue spark vs the dim spark on this coil with the same plug.

While this coil was supposedly replaced.. I highly doubt it. There was baked on schmoo on the legs that you would not get in the short time this has come from the dealer. Also I did not see the signs of someone recently having had the whole saw apart which is required to change a coil out.

Off to the work house to ponder....

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not far from it.

I have slept on this...walked away from it last night.

Different wiring harness - same issue.

What do we need for run? Suck - squeeze - bang - blow / Fuel - compression - ignition.

We have the squeeze - compression has come up nicely now that the flooding cleared the crankcase.

Fuel - if I shoot fuel through the carb we have fuel.

Ignition - we don't have it.

The saw was acting like it kept getting a shut down signal yesterday. I have a couple of options here to figure it out.

1. Disconnect the black grounding terminal in the handle. This would eliminate a way to electrically kill the saw and no possibility of the terminals shorting in the handle.
2. Attempt a repair on the high tension lead. Not excited but it cannot get more broken.
3. Order a coil. I honestly feel this will be the answer. When I have checked spark it has been randomly intermittent and never a "hot and fat" spark. I checked this 362CM and it produces a fat blue spark vs the dim spark on this coil with the same plug.

While this coil was supposedly replaced.. I highly doubt it. There was baked on schmoo on the legs that you would not get in the short time this has come from the dealer. Also I did not see the signs of someone recently having had the whole saw apart which is required to change a coil out.

Off to the work house to ponder....

Replace the coil.

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I reread this thread and like the pictures ... But the DRAMA !! Big bummer this saw wants to laze around on your work bench and not go to work.