High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

MS 290

AERDAVID

New OPE Member
Local time
4:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
HI, in MHO there aren't to many cons as long as you need that heavy of a saw. At 56cc it will turn a 20" 325 chain through about anything. Since they are no longer available as new I would check the saw out very closely like any other used 2 cycle equipment if you are looking to purchase one.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pros
-cheap and plentiful
-proven track record ( when taken care of )
-respond to simple mods very well

Cons
-clam shell engine design
-heavy for the power they make
-lots of plastic

Basically I would sum them up like this. They are a good firewood saw that would last a long time cutting a few cord of wood a year but in the hands of a production wood cutter that uses a saw all day everyday they wouldn't last long

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
CDN farm boy pretty much said it right , guys out there cutting a lot of firewood with that saw and it's big brother .

AERDAVID

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Key words =(when taken care of) It can and has been proven to be more than an occasional user saw if kept cool , meaning quality oil the right mix and kept clean. excessive buildup causing excessive heat has always been a killer for this saw family.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Key words =(when taken care of) It can and has been proven to be more than an occasional user saw if kept cool , meaning quality oil the right mix and kept clean. excessive buildup causing excessive heat has always been a killer for this saw family.
++++ this makes a muffler mod almost a must do thing. 40:1 or 32:1 with no E fuel. Recheck your tune after changing your mix ratio and after a MM. I check my tune everytime I cut. It only takes a couple seconds to do