GoldMember
Local time
9:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Extra zero there ?
If not, I've got a bridge for sale that you're going to really love
As long as it says Stihl some where on it.

no extra zero I buy a lot and if I need a few smalls I buy a parts saw and why guys that know me as a hoarder

HOARDER!

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
10:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I have a few saws he's done. Guess what I'm doing this winter? That's right, they're being torn down. They're all strong saws and run good, but after seeing all this I can't just leave them.
I'm not worried about my Dolmars having *s-wordty parts in them, since I don't think he had any parts for those saws kicking around. I'm more worried about the machine work and the cleaning up he might, or might not, have done.
My 066 was ported by another very reputable member here, and I'm not worried about the jug on it. But who knows what else is in there after J got his paws on it.
The 394/5 is the one that worries me. It runs good, but I have no idea what it's like inside. It's rough on the outside, but I knew that when I got it. I guess I'll find out.

I came into this game just over a year ago, after lurking on the sites for a while. I have no problem admitting I was, and still am, completely green when it comes to a lot of saw stuff.
I ran quite a few saws he had done, and they were impressive. At the time it seemed like he had a good reputation, and a following. Based on that I honestly believed he would do a good job. I had never dealt with a saw porter before.
Can you say naive? :oops: Lol

The good thing is that the shady characters are being weeded out, and we're left with guys that are trustworthy and honest.

Last edited:

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One issue many are having trying to self a JMS in the trading post, is they cannot garuantee its a a saw that is put together well and not full of metal shavings etc. Some guys for good reason want to rid the stable of any JMS product but their conscience gets put on the chopping block trying to sell it. Then they have to tip in more $ into a saw they kinda hate to get someone to check it out and start the long list of repairs needed. I think the few saws that have been fixed by generosity of the membership are the lucky ones as many more time bombs are sitting on shelves.

EvilRoySlade

What’s my line?
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm still a little confused why so many people sent saws to him in the first place. There are quite a few builders that have been around longer, reliable and can build a really nice 1122. Was he cheaper or turnaround time was better? That's not an insult, I really am confused.

A few years ago on a Christmas exchange thread he sent me an unusable Foredom speed control, the pot was junk. He told me he's been porting engines for years and in the last few had gotten involved with saws. Maybe I'm a dink but that was enough for me to be skeptical of him. I know that's petty but I know the stuff I gave away was working and nice. Most everything else that I remember seeing was also. Who gives away broken stuff that needs new parts to work again, as a gift?

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The one thing that I saw him post was "send it to me.... I'll fix it for free." That gave everyone the warm and fuzzy feeling and then he must be a great Porter for it to be no prob to fix up a saw. For those that have rebuilt a saw, it's a lot of work.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We've already discussed the financials Ryan ........
I sweat and work real crazy / long hours for my hard earned cabbage. I respect the snot outta people who do the same bud !
Didn't know you were fixin a saw for Ryan. If you need help with the port work, let me know.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Next time i try to tell some of you guys that someone is a scumbag piece of sh!t ...

Listen...i won't lead you the wrong way.

Ryan, I don't think I said anything previously when you mentioned your saw or when you expressed concerns about *s-wordhead but I do think you didn't get treated the same way the guys finding the issues now are being treated. Will you let me cover your shipping to and from New York? I know your in good hands now and if I can remove the sting a little I feel like I should.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm still a little confused why so many people sent saws to him in the first place. There are quite a few builders that have been around longer, reliable and can build a really nice 1122. Was he cheaper or turnaround time was better? That's not an insult, I really am confused.

Yes, he was cheaper, and he was doing buy two get one free for a while.

According to Jason, he's been porting saws longer than anyone but Scott, and he's cheaper than anyone else. He also told me that he had a "100% warranty... no questions asked". That's what he told me anyway. I'm sure he told many others the same thing. He was very good at spinning yarns and talking up his work, plus he has plenty of happy customers at the time; you could see how a guy could get deceived. Personally, i thought he came across as boastful both in the couple PMs we sent and on the open forum, so I never sent him a saw. Thank my lucky stars.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ryan, I don't think I said anything previously when you mentioned your saw or when you expressed concerns about *s-wordhead but I do think you didn't get treated the same way the guys finding the issues now are being treated. Will you let me cover your shipping to and from New York? I know your in good hands now and if I can remove the sting a little I feel like I should.

Already done buddy.

I don't want anything from anyone.

When i had my problem with him last summer noone wanted to hear that "J" was a "J"ackoff..its frustrating knowing if people woulda listened to what i had to say this could have all been avoided.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Already done buddy.

I don't want anything from anyone.

When i had my problem with him last summer noone wanted to hear that "J" was a "J"ackoff..its frustrating knowing if people woulda listened to what i had to say this could have all been avoided.

Ryan is there is anything you want that is only available in Canada let me know and I will get you the best deal I can and cover shipping. Say a Stihl Arctic saw or something...

You're a good dude and we should have listened to you.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ryan is there is anything you want that is only available in Canada let me know and I will get you the best deal I can and cover shipping. Say a Stihl Arctic saw or something...

You're a good dude and we should have listened to you.

Actually you do have something i want.

That picco conversion kit for the 026/260/261..i tried to buy it here but no dice.

How much bruh ?

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ryan, hindsight is 20/20. We all see clearly now. We live and learn. Sorry you had issues with your saw.
But alls well that ends well. Be positive! Guys here are awesome.