High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Modifying a climb-saw's handlebars for more stiffness? (jamming wedges in to eliminate anti-vibe)

Cerberus

Cerberus the aardvark, not the hell-hound!!
Local time
10:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I’m sorry I offended you but I do stand by the hitachi being a heavy turd even after the air box and muffler mod which I did to this saw.
Unsure what you mean by "offended me", I'd literally just said "I would never suggest somebody buy one".... I got the saw in-lieu of $25 owed-for-climb by some guy I used to work for, it's not worth $230 in today's marketplace by a long shot. Also the airbox mod & muff mod, obviously, boost the power but - of course - do not help the fact that it's a heavy turd!!
I put my heaviest bar - the 'pro' echo 14" - onto it, it's my backup (that I've never had to use on a job in-tree) top-handle, I use my 25cc until its bar isn't long-enough and then swap to my 36cc, using the tanaka on-the-ground when it gets use (lol just in writing this I realize I haven't started it in at least a week and am now gg run outside just to turn him over & cut for a minute, hate when I realize a saw has been sitting :p )
I think I like the fact that I can have that mid-30cc's power - w/o using my 355t - if&when needed, for instance while it hasn't come-up yet I can imagine stuff where it's dirty-wood, actually am going to LA next week to do storm-felled/damaged treework and expect that he'll get a wholllle lotta usage on-ground out there! Funnily enough it seems to be a model that Reg Coates had ages ago when younger in his career (that just has a novelty to me as I've seen every last one of his vids :D )

Tanaka = heavy, and not worth the MSRP with so much greatness from Echo, but it's NEVER given me problems with reliability and it is most definitely as strong as it should be on its displascement, but top-handles are primarily for climbing so strength//weight matters so this saw, while "solid", isn't really a good option for anyone :p

Scheppach = best (or tied-for-best) clone of the zenoah-G2500 // Husqvarna T-425 platform, the csp2540 for $135 is epic, made much more like an echo than the tanaka(though the tanaka has never felt 'cheap' in any regard), not a 2511t but it's still my go-to saw simply due to form-factor & weight, and is the most-powerful-per-displacement of any of my saws.[edited-in: I should add that the 355t is newer and it still only gets used when the schepp is too-little for the cut IE not so often, so once my 355t is broken-in I expect it to have a better power//displacement profile but right now I can put a 16" on my 25cc schepp and still need pretty serious bar-pressure to bog the chain but I've got its 10" setup back on and it just *rips* with that, once 10" is insufficient the 355's power, if not just its bar-length, is usually desirable at this point anyway :) ]

Echo 355t & 2511t = best(seemingly/'I theorize') combo/pairing of climbsaws, couldn't imagine a 201 or 540 in-place-of my 355t, and while I don't(yet) own a 2511t it doesn't need much said for it, and this combo is $750 new-with-warranty(best warranty in the industry), that's nuts I mean the 2511t is one of the 'hottest' saws out for climbers right now and, for ~the price of a 201 or a 540, you can get both the 2511 + 355t's and you'd have your limbing- & takedown-saws ;)

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
9:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I must have misunderstood what you were getting at
I thought you were originally saying it was a good saw. Yes it’s worth 25$ and no it won’t hold a candle to a man 200t or 201t and probably not a 540t husky. Another saw my buddy has and it’s muffler modded and timing advanced also is the jonsred version of the redmax 3500 and he cannot stand it either because it’s fragile and slightly underpowered for what it is.1027A3D3-303A-44CD-98FA-061FDF4F9C63.png

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks just Ike this and boy is it getting hard to get parts for already

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And I do like a 2511t, seriously contemplating about starting a dealer up here somewhere keep getting asked about it just not sure what I should try to sell If I do. Maybe Stihl and echo or I could try redmax now that it’s just jonsred saw with new label. Stihl will need to be one of them because all the tree guys run them and I think they will be a main part of the shop sales and service if I did do it. Lots to think on