metal roofers

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
4:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Vapor barrier over shingles the manufacturer of the home had blocked nearly all the vents when it was built for some reason all of them were reworked and are functional they usually do high dollar houses and businesses but i got them to do this lol

kkemp

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We do a lot of the modular homes . Flat pitch and pretty much straight run with the metal. With 5 guys we've done then in about 3 hours. Those are fun . Lol .

bearhawk

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I did hidden fastener. I love it! Attached is a pic of my house. Took 22 months to build doing most everything but drywall and cement work all while working full time at my day job.

IMG_20140628_133414012_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's my nieces place we removed like 20 vents and put cobra guard it's called here to let it breath and the membrane under the metal we kept all the necessary vents of course and she has a wood stove we built the porch we were done in four day's of evenings after work they didn't want gutters for some reason.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm an Ironworker by trade so we do pre-engineered metal buildings too. I've done screw down roofs and standing seam. I dislike all of em. Lol
I had over looked this the first time I went through it .As a coincidence the lady now sitting here drinking coffee at o-dark thirty is the widow of the iron worker BA from Dayton Ohio and one of my best friends growing up .

As a matter of fact the very first time I ever saw seamed in place standing seam installed was on a commercial building we were both working on .35 years or so years ago .

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had over looked this the first time I went through it .As a coincidence the lady now sitting here drinking coffee at o-dark thirty is the widow of the iron worker BA from Dayton Ohio and one of my best friends growing up .

As a matter of fact the very first time I ever saw seamed in place standing seam installed was on a commercial building we were both working on .35 years or so years ago .
Sorry to hear that, it's a dangerous trade for sure

kkemp

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
20170329_075357.jpghere's one we were working on today. 23 ft to the edge of the roof . 12 pitch . Lol . Makes you wanna scream . We were just getting ready for metal in the picture.

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've done a few and for two different people. I've asked before on other sites but never got s hard fast answers. When installing an exposed fastener, do you put the screws on the rib or the flat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kkemp

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
99% of the time we put the screws in the flat beside the ribs . We do occasionally screw on the rib though.

kkemp

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think it's code in Canada to put them on the rib though. Something to do with the metal contracting and expanding in the extreme cold .

Greenland South

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only reason I can think of for screwing through the rib, would be where the panels overlap and you want to stitch the panel together. The screws typically used for this are called stitching screws, are quite a bit smaller in length and diameter and usually have a self tapping drill point on them. I don't know of any code requirement to screw through the rib.

kkemp

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not sure if it's code but the few roofers I know over there screw on the rib. There's still a few people here rhat won't screw on the flat . More than 1 way to get it done I guess .

Greenthorn

Least Informed OPE Member
Local time
9:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 63541here's one we were working on today. 23 ft to the edge of the roof . 12 pitch . Lol . Makes you wanna scream . We were just getting ready for metal in the picture.

Funny, looking at the truck on the ground....I think you guys put a roof on one of my houses! Stolls?

kkemp

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Funny, looking at the truck on the ground....I think you guys put a roof on one of my houses! Stolls?
no not stolls . Most of our work is subcontracted through graber post . . But we do work for other people to. So it's possible it was us . Lol

Greenthorn

Least Informed OPE Member
Local time
9:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, I figured you was with Daviess County Metal somehow?
Roofers showed up and got right at it! 14/12 roof 2 story, thinking it was around 33 square and 3 gables 2 valleys and they were done pretty well same day.