Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, that's affirm (if Mark was referring to the second saw). It's a saw a member here picked up that's a combination of several different models.

I think the tank and rear handle are off of a 440.

I think it calculates out to around 130cc.

I think your right Jacob. I have a 797 thats 70 over and a guy i know is a wiz with
math and did the calculations and that is what he came up with 130cc's.

northwest saws

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is one of dad's old saws, "kartzilla". This one got the .068" over 101b motor, freshened up by Terry Ives. The original ignition that my dad set up with an Atom chip in 1979 still works...

Super awesome! Is the tank new old stock or repainted?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Super awesome! Is the tank new old stock or repainted?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I sent the tank and a bunch of other parts out to Glock37 (Mike) - he does powder-coating professionally. Both of the tanks
he did for me were off my dad's old saws. Mike does a great job. Eventually I'll dress it up with other powder-coated parts
so it's a real fine display piece, but for now I want to get it rebuilt and running to see how it does.

I have a CP-125 that was my grandpa's that's getting a full restore but it will be in custom colors. My grandpa restored a '31
Ford coupe and painted it his favorite color - metallic candy Purple, so that's how his CP will end up.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
10:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sent the tank and a bunch of other parts out to Glock37 (Mike) - he does powder-coating professionally. Both of the tanks
he did for me were off my dad's old saws. Mike does a great job. Eventually I'll dress it up with other powder-coated parts
so it's a real fine display piece, but for now I want to get it rebuilt and running to see how it does.

I have a CP-125 that was my grandpa's that's getting a full restore but it will be in custom colors. My grandpa restored a '31
Ford coupe and painted it his favorite color - metallic candy Purple, so that's how his CP will end up.

A purple mac is gonna look sweet!

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A purple mac is gonna look sweet!

I think it will and it would be very fitting for my grandpa - he was an old school hotrod guy.

He always had old muscle cars. He also had a '55 Willys wagon with a Chevy 235 straight six in it - that was one cool ride.

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Chevy 235 was one tough old engine ,Nearly as tough as a Ford 300
Toilet paper filter & the earlier 216 with no oil pump didn't help. The 292 Chevy couldn't match the 300 either, and I'm not really a Ford guy.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Toilet paper filter & the earlier 216 with no oil pump didn't help. The 292 Chevy couldn't match the 300 either, and I'm not really a Ford guy.
The 235 was really a GMC truck engine from the onset .However surprisingly even as late as 1955 some didn't have provisions for an oil filter and it was an add on .Of course back then they recommended an oil change every 30 days or 1,000 miles .My buddy Pete had a 235 in a 55 Chevy we rebuilt using a Vet cam and it would out run the average 292 Ford .

Last edited:

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now back to the go-kart engine .In looking over the parts lists from my perspective the 797 is or was more closely related to the Mc 101 . It was either Horstman or Wiseco made over bore pistons up to 100 thou over . Somebody made a stroker crank too if memory serves . It was probably a full circle deal .Where you would ever find those parts is anybody's guess .About like looking for a hen's tooth .