TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
4:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it just me, or is a problem that is getting worse every year?
It aint you, bud...seems like every time I turn around more and more stupid *s-word is going on. Read on FB the other day where a guy ran into something with his new f150 and he wanted ford to repair it under warranty..."but sir, you ran into something and broke the truck, this isn't a warranty thing..."

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems to be getting worse…It seems like FB is a catalyst for the rapid decline in intelligence.

I see social media as a huge problem. No matter how extreme your viewpoint, or how damaging it is to society, you can find other people who agree, and support your thought processes. That's dangerous to our world over the long term.

But....chainsaws.

Now that's a cool thing to mess with. I'm gonna get some 12x12s out today if I get a chance. Do some stock vs ported comparisons with the 400. I had to put the forks on yesterday to help my neighbor get an edge bander off the trailer and into his cabinet shop. So I'm ready....

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have taken a stock RS chain, ground it on my Simington and increased cut speed by 38%. That's a better chain.

This alone is why I don't usually watch any saw videos, or bother posting videos. People are generally very dishonest these days, and will do anything to make their work look better. Think for a minute about all the ways you could make a saw look faster than it really is to a video camera.

Pre-packing the cuts with sawdust then throw your arms in like they're about to be ripped out of the sockets JMS style! Lmao

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve seen saw vids where the guy sped the video up 10% or so. It was pretty easy to spot the sawdust dropping faster than normal.

Keeping the vids real eliminates folks with unrealistic expectations. Like the time a young logger told me my saws were too slow for his taste, so I asked him just what it was he wanted, he sent me a video of a piped race saw. I said I'll just stick to my slow work saws, so self eliminating...perfect. No way I'd have ever made that fella happy, so best to let him go find someone that will pull his bobber.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy, I have been complaining for a long time that civilization is going in reverse!

I strongly believe that we have an obligation to make the world a better place for each successive generation, and we are failing miserably!

Numerous reasons, the shows people and kids watch, and the acceptance of illegal drug use are (IMO) major factors. When shows for teens come on at prime time and depict this as OK ... Huston we have a problem! It is Hollywood, it is the schools, disappearing work ethic, lots of things.

I'm sorry, I'm off the tracks again ... I'll return. Just tough not to respond when you have grandkids, and you are worried about their future!

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy, I have been complaining for a long time that civilization is going in reverse!

I strongly believe that we have an obligation to make the world a better place for each successive generation, and we are failing miserably!

Numerous reasons, the shows people and kids watch, and the acceptance of illegal drug use are (IMO) major factors. When shows for teens come on at prime time and depict this as OK ... Huston we have a problem! It is Hollywood, it is the schools, disappearing work ethic, lots of things.

I'm sorry, I'm off the tracks again ... I'll return. Just tough not to respond when you have grandkids, and you are worried about their future!

Mike, I'm a great grandfather now. I think about their future a lot. I get it.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag