High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Makita EA3601...the most intriguing saw to date

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
1:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Ok would one of these tools work. The normal double d will not!
HIPA (Set of 8) Carburetor Tune-up Adjustment Tool for Most 2-Cycle Small Engine Including 21-Teeth & 7-Teeth Splined / Pac Man / Single D / Double D / Hexagon Socket

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Have you got a part number anywhere thankyou

Ok would one of these tools work. The normal double d will not!
HIPA (Set of 8) Carburetor Tune-up Adjustment Tool for Most 2-Cycle Small Engine Including 21-Teeth & 7-Teeth Splined / Pac Man / Single D / Double D / Hexagon Socket
no and no
echo #91060 is what i use but I am not sure if they are still available, they were "while supplies last" a few years ago when i bought mine

not sure on the Makita number.

CoreyB

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So the carb tool is going to be a pain to find? I will have to try and look closer at it tomorrow.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
no and no
echo #91060 is what i use but I am not sure if they are still available, they were "while supplies last" a few years ago when i bought mine

not sure on the Makita number.
Is it the socket or the O/D that is different to the normal DD ?

CoreyB

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I contacted Zama Directly and they don't have that tool. Told me i would have to buy direct from Makita to get one.
So I called them and they will not sell me one sense I am not a dealer. So as a repair shop I can not tune a zama carb with this set up. I don't feel good I would have to turn a customer away because of a tool I am not allowed to get .

CoreyB

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hmm cutting side by side and back and forth with the 3601 and 421 is interesting. Some of the fit and finish of the 3601 is a fair bit better then the 421. Like the throttle trigger both feel and function. Man I can't wait tell I get some time to go to the timber and work them side by side for a few days.

CoreyB

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Here is a little video I did of the tooless side cover. It has some extra weight to it. But I don't know if it is from the tooless set up or the break for the outboard clutch. I think the tooless set up is the heft.

CoreyB

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I did run mine a bit last night but I need to get a good weekend of work logged on it to develop much opinion.

I am hoping to play with mine more as well but I am tied up with work. Maybe in a couple of weeks.

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
And unfortunately my contact at Echo Canada has retired so I can't help with that Corey .:(