Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The best I've used for noodling is a 7900. The taper inside allows them to flow through nicely. If a guy noodles alot, I'd pick up an AM clutch cover and cut off the lower left 1/3. Then they just fall out

Other than power, the 6400 will noodle as good as any. Very few sharp corners inside the cover
I have both and they are excellent noodle monsters, they have great clutch cover clearance.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
[QUOTEKiwiBro, post: 126208, member: 914"]Crazy stuff some of the dry gum. I've only six, 32" chains, most of which are skip but when bucking a dry gum for firewood recently, it was about one chain per 1.5m of log if that. The sort of ugly bastid log where the grain does a full 360 degrees around the log in about 1.5m too. But it was big and I wanted to see if it was just the first 4" of sap wood that was spiraling. Tried splitting it today but gave up after about an hour. I should have not even considered it as firewood after I was producing noodles just cross cutting it. Am very glad I saved out a 5m log from it though because the grain is all over the place and has that fiddleback type of figure going on. Looking forward to slabbing it but not looking forward to sharpening multiple 72" loops, even the mega-skip RX ripping chain that has relatively bugger all cutters.[/QUOTE]
I bet it burns long & hot. The swamp gum was not nice to process but each piece burns for many hours & its been pretty chilly lately. Its about the weight of concrete is my guess but burns 2x as long as my other river red gum. If you don't have a good established coal base fire it just squashes the fire & puts it out!lol But some small pieces under a big piece will burn all night.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
6:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
i run full skip on my 365 with a 24'' its a pain in the ass and takes me to long to file 84dl of full comp on one.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I run 36"/115DL full comp , 57 teeth, takes an hour to sharpen - at least! :jump:

Good thing I barely ever use this setup. ;)

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 48" I use on both a Mac 125 and a Homelite 2100S is 143 drivers of .404 full comp .That is not a 5 minute filing job .As far as skip ,I'm not so certain it makes much difference on hardwoods.