Logosol

Stihl Potlicker

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you going through Fox Forestry? They can be hard to get a hold of since nobody is ever in the office. Seems like the crew is always out doing arborist work. Usually I just order through Bailey's and pay a bit more in shipping.

I file my Cartlon loops at 5 degrees and seems a bit slower but gives me a more consistent finish. Sometimes I think the Oregon raker file guide is letting me down and not taking enough off the rakers.

Part of my issue with the boards being slightly out of square is probably due to where I have the mill set up. I basically used my root rake and plowed a fairly flat spot with my tractor and then dropped the mill there. This was a mistake and the mill settled funny once I loaded up my log table. I've had to make several rail adjustments since the ground keeps settling. It will only get worse once winter comes. Once I get some more trees cleared and more flat ground exposed I plan on dropping some posts 7' in the ground and building a post/pier foundation for an extra flat/level/square setup.
yes i do I live in P.A. yes they seem to be busy, I was able to txt Tom and he got me my invoice over I was having issues with my personal email. i need to swap out my sd card as my phone memory is to full so i can share some pics and vidjas. i really want to get the 1 meter ext. with the log bed. i do that i will be at 7meter mill lol

Stihl Potlicker

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The other fellow is running the Stihl 63 PMX, I'm running Carlton 30Rp loops, which to my knowledge are not low profile. Thank you for finding the thread, I'll have a look through when I have some time.
@Wonkydonkey i am running the Stihl 63PMX on my hard nose stihl bar i got from Logosol, but i just bought a nose sprocket 20" bar because i didn't like the hard nose, running it on my 661C. but from your post sounds like i will run into issues"?

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I want to take mine to 8m or more eventually, but 6m is fine for now. Let me know how the hard nose works with the Stihl loops. From what I can see the hard nose should make it all work properly. Fox was a bit tricky with me when I ordered the mill and I told them I have a 395xp. They told me the loops and bar included with the mill wouldn't work for me so I passed on them. I think it will be a challenge to find a 24" hard nose bar for my 395 with a nose radius like the one made for Logosol bar which is not drilled for a husky to my knowledge.

Stihl Potlicker

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I want to take mine to 8m or more eventually, but 6m is fine for now. Let me know how the hard nose works with the Stihl loops. From what I can see the hard nose should make it all work properly. Fox was a bit tricky with me when I ordered the mill and I told them I have a 395xp. They told me the loops and bar included with the mill wouldn't work for me so I passed on them. I think it will be a challenge to find a 24" hard nose bar for my 395 with a nose radius like the one made for Logosol bar which is not drilled for a husky to my knowledge.
I was just running the bar oil, i dont have the water cooling. but with the hard nose bar I was getting to much chain stretch so i bought a sprocket nose bar. haven't run it yet because i was slabbing with my 24" b/c using Granberg ripping chain

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was just running the bar oil, i dont have the water cooling. but with the hard nose bar I was getting to much chain stretch so i bought a sprocket nose bar. haven't run it yet because i was slabbing with my 24" b/c using Granberg ripping chain
I don't know if the stretching is abnormal. My Cartlon loops stretched a ton.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I found two eight pin rims with wide drive segments that keeps 3/8lp just about off the rim. The hard nose twenty Sugi will be fine and trying out 91dls on a roller nose when I get some chain in lp.

Ordering some 404 rims to have cut down in eight pin for use on seven spline large drums. Had no luck finding them from Oregon. Stihl regular 3/8 sprocket noses on new bars was a no go with lp chain but a custom ground rebuilt sprocket nose is coming.

Who sells replacement lp sprocket tips?
Tia

Last edited:

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Dave has a ton of roller nose bars for sale. He might even have a hard nose Husky 24". See his video posting.
Definitive Dave For Sale add.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Roller nose bar would be ideal over the hard nose. Then you could try any pitch chain you want and still have the roller.
You’d still need a LP drive sprocket.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I found two eight pin rims with wide drive segments that keeps 3/8lp just about off the rim. The hard nose twenty Sugi will be fine and trying out 91dls on a roller nose when I get some chain in lp.

Ordering some 404 rims to have cut down in eight pin for use on seven spline large drums. Had no luck finding them from Oregon. Stihl regular 3/8 sprocket noses on new bars was a no go with lp chain but a custom ground rebuilt sprocket nose is coming.

Tia
Some of this is greek to me, but I hope you get it all figured out. I would love to run LP on my 395!

Stihl Potlicker

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Tia
how much do you need to turn off the dia. of the .404 rims?

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm glad to see more Logosol owners online. Seems like the mills sold out really quick, but where are all the owners?

Stihl Potlicker

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
24"b/c didn't make all the way thru

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201002-160710_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20201002-160710_Video Player.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 12