Husqvarna CCC Ebay Store DHS Online Store

Logosol

Discussion in 'Milling' started by SpaceBus, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Lightning Performance

Lightning Performance Here For The Long Haul!

Local Time:
    7:10 PM
    Tie together a base frame on four big rocks. Buildings like that don't heave in the frost and thaw. Use big wood pins in the timbers to lock the corners together and the beams.

I did a crap job today pulling the 55" spread on the chainsaw mill in red oak. Looked liked the ocean after two runs.
    Going back to my ladder every pass and the chain is just too much. Too many cutters even with full skip and too much forward bite. The bar moves up and down when the wood grain/figure changes. Going down in face angle again but still have plenty of power left so that's good. Scratcher chain time soon.

2. SpaceBus

SpaceBus Super OPE Member

Local Time:
    I haven't milled any hardwood yet, we have so few on our property. When does it become too many cutters?

3. Lightning Performance

Lightning Performance Here For The Long Haul!

Local Time:
    Eighteen seems to be about it in my experience with 404 skip on long bars. Others will vary. It might run better with my chain not so aggressive imo. My big problem was forward bite and that has be cured. It will drag the saw down if pushed and bury you in chips pretty quick. I like chips on the mill ;)

4. SpaceBus

SpaceBus Super OPE Member

Local Time:
    This is what I've been milling lumber for. My lumber stack now consists of some 2x8's and 2x10's and some cut scrap ends. I'm going to build a small deck/platform for the "person" door and a trap door inside the screened area with a ramp down to the ground. The windows came out of our house and the door is from a nasty old shed the previous owners built on the side of the house (which we have demo'd). Aside from the nails and hardware cloth the rest of the structure was made from trees that I cut and milled myself. We dug the holes with a hydraulic auger drive that attaches to the loader on my tractor. Right now we just have 24 chickens, but the plan is to buy more chicks until our hens start raising their own.

I also built the raised beds with lumber from the mill, but these are my very first boards and are very rough.

Attached Files: