Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fellas.....we've been having some issues, and I would appreciate some help. A lot of folks have been attacking Bill G here. One got banned because nearly his entire history on OPE is one attack after another without any other content. We can't allow members to just attack anyone here without reason....so I'm asking for someone to come forward to help me understand why these folks seem to hate this fella so much. I've heard that he was abusive to people in sale threads....but nothing concrete.

I'm not a member of Arborist Site any more, and haven't been for a few years.....so if this animosity is stemming from something that happened there....I'm unaware. Help me to understand.....

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
7:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe its because of how he treated people for so long on AS and now he and the members are here. Not much has happened here that i’ve seen.

I never personally dealt with him.

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i dont know about any past stuff. i got banned from AS. I dont know why. I havent ever done any business with him. He seems fine to me. people get wound up about stuff. which i do too sometimes. Bill has his opinons as we all do

Woodwackr

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He goes after the trolls, big time, on AS. Most of those “people” (qoutes used as I’m not convinced some aren’t AI) have absolutely no business being there in the first place. They just stir up strife. Bill has a tendency to try and banter with them which is a mistake, IMO.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It seems to me 90% of his posts are either something for sale or complaining about something.
I just skip over them and problem solved.
Same here.
Seems like some folks get hung up on him expressing his extensive knowledge & experience on everything… the ignore function may need to be employed by more?

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
4:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've dealt with Bill for years. He's bought a couple saws from me and I've bought parts from him. I don't remember any issues
that he and I have had in our dealings. I know from other saw guys that Bill has successfully shipped saws and parts overseas.

Yah, Bill is hard-headed but that's only because he was raised by a herd of Bison on the Great Plains...

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some folks are sending me messages because they don't want to speak up in public. That ain't helpful here.
You are more than welcome to post my private message(s) to you if you wish,
asking for someone to come forward to help me understand why these folks seem to hate this fella so much
I thought discretion was appropriate. I do NOT "HATE" Bill. As stated in the PM I can understand him and Ya'll can draw your own conclusion how I CAN understand him.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
5:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bill does seem to be close to the drama. I can’t tell if he’s just good at pushing buttons or if there are private messages that make people dislike him.

I personally have no interactions with him positive or negative.

jblnut

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Okay with me. I bought a few saws from him and they were exactly as described. If you get a chance to talk on the phone with him he’s got a lot of good stories.

I often type a response to something that pushes my buttons and end up deleting it but seems Bill says screw it and posts it lol