Let's Talk With Bill G Awhile

mainer_in_ak

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Coming up on memorial day fellas. This is small stuff and yall are some decent folks. Give each other a second chance, because you have the freedom to do so. Some don't get a second chance.
20240326-121128.jpg

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Okay with me. I bought a few saws from him and they were exactly as described. If you get a chance to talk on the phone with him he’s got a lot of good stories.

I often type a response to something that pushes my buttons and end up deleting it but seems Bill says screw it and posts it lol

I can relate to that. The older I get the less I care what others think and the less tolerance I have for ignorance and stupidity.

jblnut

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He’s okay with me. As others say he does seem close to the drama. I intend to buy from him in the future.
I don't know you and you don't know me so don't take this the wrong way but I can see Bill commenting on this post ....

like this -> "You keep saying you intend to buy but you haven't. Why not ?"

Then you reply and he replies and things get taken the wrong way and butts get hurt and threads like this get created.

Simple comment from you and simple reply from Bill but unlike when we're talking in person or on the phone it's super easy to misread something online and read something out of a post/comment that isn't there. Bill is like my Pops, right to the point (while telling you 100 stories about the most random stuff) and a bit of a smartass with some underlying impatience mixed in. I enjoy it because I've been conditioned my whole life to it. I can be a HUGE smartass but try to keep it offline unless I know the comment will hit the correct audience and that rarely happens online as way too many people take things as personal attacks. Everyone needs to chill and enjoy each member for what they bring to the table without reading into things as personal attacks.

EDIT: After reading the first page of current ads in the Whole Saws for sale area this is obviously inaccurate but I'll leave it here cuz what's been writ has been writ. -> I also think the comments in the for sale section need to be limited to just the seller (and staff if needed). It'd cut down on a whole lot of public facing "You'll never get that much for that" and "That thing looks trashed" and other comments that don't really help or hinder the sale. Send a PM with your thoughts and if the seller wants to update the posting or respond they can. If not, they'll get frustrated their stuff isn't selling and won't be around long anyway and the problem will solve itself.

I hope that ^^^^ doesn't step on the line of me trying to moderate but it's an outside view of what I see going on as a lot of the "discussion" seems to be in the for sale areas.

Last edited:

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
10:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He's very knowledgeable. Seams like a good guy to me. It's easy to takes things out of context online without being able to see facial expressions and what not.

Last edited:

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
6:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I remember his poast on the daycare thread, it seemed to me he was trying to educate, it may have somehow came across the wrong way at times (the way I read it) but overall he has a lot to say and I guess some peeps don’t like it.
I really just took him as a different dall.

I did read something somewhere about the influx of ex AS members over here But as I don’t frequent over there on AS. I’ve just taken them as new members ,
Well that’s untill they or someone says they were over on AS.

I agree the ignore button should be used a bit more often here and there.

I’ve done it a few times, but after a while your skin thickens up just enough to un-ignore a person, and you have the choice to re-ignore if it’s needed.

That’s my 2c

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Coming up on memorial day fellas. This is small stuff and yall are some decent folks. Give each other a second chance, because you have the freedom to do so. Some don't get a second chance.
20240326-121128.jpg

Right on! Both of my grandfathers almost didn't make it during WWII, which means I wouldn't be around. And I bet alot of folks here could say the same thing.

av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Right on! Both of my grandfathers almost didn't make it during WWII, which means I wouldn't be around. And I bet alot of folks here could say the same thing.
Yep. My Dad got into the tail end of WW2. Flew in Korea and Vietnam. From a mechanic on a C-119 Boxcar to Flight Engineer on the C-130. Planes got shot up in Vietnam. He was never the same after his last tour.
(3 tours in Vietnam) The man was never at home also which made it tough on my mother. Oh well. Military Family Dysfunction was the order of the day.

Last edited:

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
You'll never get that much for that" and "That thing looks trashed"
You obviously don’t spend much time here in the for sale threads. Aside from some good natured banter which is meant to bump up a post that has fallen down the thread page, that sort of thing is poorly tolerated here. I agree with the rest of what you said though.

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've bought a saw from Bill. Treated fairly during the sale. Tried to buy another saw but we still have to work on that one LOL. One thing about Bill for sure he has a way with his antics. He does like his drama too but hey, so do some of the other guys on here too.

Lions fan

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fellas.....we've been having some issues, and I would appreciate some help. A lot of folks have been attacking Bill G here. One got banned because nearly his entire history on OPE is one attack after another without any other content. We can't allow members to just attack anyone here without reason....so I'm asking for someone to come forward to help me understand why these folks seem to hate this fella so much. I've heard that he was abusive to people in sale threads....but nothing concrete.

I'm not a member of Arborist Site any more, and haven't been for a few years.....so if this animosity is stemming from something that happened there....I'm unaware. Help me to understand.....
Quite sure if I ever met the man in person, it would be hard not to like him. He is a wealth of knowledge on a lot of subjects, and it sounds like he hasn't missed a days work in his life.

On the other hand, controversy seems to follow him as he knows how to push the right buttons to get under your skin, and it seems to happen over and over again with anyone willing to keep chiming in.

jblnut

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You obviously don’t spend much time here in the for sale threads. Aside from some good natured banter which is meant to bump up a post that has fallen down the thread page, that sort of thing is poorly tolerated here. I agree with the rest of what you said though.
Nope I haven't honestly. I must have read the three comments in the entire for sale section that were negative. I looked through most in the Whole Chainsaws area and am fine eating crow !! I also realized I have room in the stable for a few more saws after seeing some of what is/has been posted. Lots of nice stuff !!

mainer_in_ak

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My ginormous Mi'kmaq Indian uncles made me watch Pink Floyd "The Wall" VHS when I was like 5 years old.

For some reason I picture Bill shaving off his eyebrows and destroying his shop. Then lining up 300 junk chainsaws in random indescribable orders, then selling them the next day.

Bill, if you're reading this, I'm just teasing. You're an interestingly bizarre dude.

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Quite sure if I ever met the man in person, it would be hard not to like him. He is a wealth of knowledge on a lot of subjects, and it sounds like he hasn't missed a days work in his life.

On the other hand, controversy seems to follow him as he knows how to push the right buttons to get under your skin, and it seems to happen over and over again with anyone willing to keep chiming in.
@Lions fan I'm fapping one more time on this thread and then signing out. Hats off to you sir for the above post. I read the banter between yinz two guys and let's just say it was very elevated purse swinging. I hope Bill can read this thread for two reasons.
A-See what kind of guy you are.
B-He owes you an apology, and should recognize some things shouldn't of been said.
I don't know or have ever met you. But, for you not to hold it against him says something about your character sir.