Let’s see some stumps

chiselbit

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We had neighbors at the park I was working at and they called us with a "problem " when my Manager and myself got there the owner had an electric chainsaw stuck in a 10" pine tree about 8 feet up because they were on a ladder! Any way I started looking around for anchor points to attach my direction pulley . I spotted 6 bears ! Around us and turned to the home owner and asked what in hell is going on here?
They said "well we feed the deer corn but bears keep coming buy to eat it "
I said," you ain't feeding deer here anymore "
We pulled the tree away from the house and the bears left us alone.
Yeesh! there’s some of those situational hazards they mention on the safety manuals! Tree work isn’t dangerous enough so we’re going to throw in a couple, no, make it an even half dozen bears just to liven it up a little.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
11:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see bears out in the woods logging. I don’t bother them and they don’t bother me. Lol. There scared of chainsaws. Feeding wild animals usually isn’t a good idea though....

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
"I see bears out in the woods logging."

I think I saw these bears posting here.
I'd feed them if they'd make a few stumps at my place.

I couldn't resist lol.

Local time
10:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For the record @RI Chevy I’ve used a stick and homemade wedges in a real pinch with no other option. I’ve made some *s-wordty stumps before. Adaptability is a good thing. But the difference is that I’m not proud of it taking pictures of it and show off like it was the right way to do it.

I would like to see where I said anything about it being the ideal way. I simply posted that pic on your "look at me" thread to show how I improvised on a boundary tree after the wind had stalled the swing. Nothing prideful about it. I have absolutely nothing to prove to anyone pertaining to my work. You simply like to twist things around in your passive aggressive poke the bear and run manner...

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think its time to bury the hatchet. Look forward. Let it go.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, Jeff I'm not the one running around being the smart ass and twisting *s-word around.. Now am I?
I think you took a few pokes at us too. But I'm going forward here. Time to move on here.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok. I see we're taking 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think you need to seek help.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fellas......this ain't gonna work.

I'm not spending my evening digging back through all the mess to see where this started. But from what little I've seen, Mason is the trouble maker here and now.

Prove me wrong.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy, out of respect for you I will hang it up. All this bs between Mason an I started over some constructive criticism I threw his way in an attempt to point him in a different direction to help his cutting techniques. Some kids already know more and better I reckon...

His passive aggressive mouth running all over pissed me off. Guys like that normally wear a permanent black eye if they are man enough in person to act the same way...

Later

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy, out of respect for you I will hang it up. All this bs between Mason an I started over some constructive criticism I threw his way in an attempt to point him in a different direction to help his cutting techniques. Some kids already know more and better I reckon...

His passive aggressive mouth running all over pissed me off. Guys like that normally wear a permanent black eye if they are man enough in person to act the same way...

Later

This ain't a new problem with Mason. He has a couple of years in the woods under his belt, and fancies himself a pro logger he man master woodsman.

Here's the thing though....

We've reached a point on this forum where the moderation crew can no longer just let boys be boys.....or let men work it out.

The us VS them clicked up crap is driving good members away.

We're gonna have to start handling out points for this sort of stuff. The points will build up till the offending member gets a week off....then two.....then permanently gone.

Anyway......I'm gonna shut the lights off in my shop, and go hang out with my wife.