High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Just thought I'd tip my hat and say hello.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I just joined up and thought I would introduce myself.

I do not know what happened, nor am I asking to be told. I knew something was up with posting the letters O, P, and E over there, did a little googling, 2+2=4 (unless you are using common core math) Bob's your uncle, and wammo! I find this place. I see alot of names I used to enjoy reading posts from right here that I haven't seen much of lately!

I'm no high caliber builder, no Sir. Just a guy that cuts my share of wood for myself and my family and I do some tree work at my job. I like to learn new tricks, tinker and have a fairly newfound diagnosis of CAD.. I have just recently stuck my toe in the waters of doing the simple mods to my saws and I am ever watchful of pearls from the guys who know the trade. I thoroughly enjoy engaging in little buying and selling from fellow enthusiasts as well. I may not post a heck of alot, but I'm a watcher. :)

Thanks for the opportunity to join what seems to be shaping up to be one of the best forums on the net. I hope contribute in any way I can.

Joe

B

Backyard Lumberjack

Welcome to the dark side, Joe. You'll like it here

haha, the dark side... definitely a world apart from your average sense of engine maint and mods... lol... in some engine worlds u merely have to read latest monthly pub... lol... but in this game, u have to know your sh*t! or your parts will tell u like it is. if they don't your friends will! dog hunts or it don't! but, imo... I think its a bit out of the box... and no matter how u approach it... the ladder does not run out of rungs! :)

I mean, come on now!!! noone ever told me down at the Stihl dealership... oh, u can advance the timing in these things, here's how... 6-degrees or so, but to do so u have to do this....

sbc, sbf etc... merely turn the distributor! guess thes 2-stroke chain saw engines run basically on the same principles of internal combustion engines... albeit 2 or 4 stroke... prob is... finding the priniciples... and then applying them to the real world... lol

bit more than just turning the distributor!!

Welcome to the dark side...

B

Backyard Lumberjack

-
Good to see you Ride-Red. Welcome to a place where delusions of granduer and ego don't interfere with the flow of information and fun.

hmm, kinda like those two... they name airplanes... they name boats... they name just about everything... hmm think mite be good names for two of my chain saws!:

Delusions of Grandeur: my very nice vintage Craftsman 2.3
:borra2:

Ego:
my modified 044!
:pesas:

lol :facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
He's got more wheelers than saws

^^^TRUTH^^^ LOL!

I don't have any vids, but my wife has taken a couple of action shots while riding up in Tug Hill in northern NY... She got these pics as she was riding her z400 (which has since been ditched in favor of an ATC350x) as I passed her. Also, before I did the ESR 350 big bore.

Yeah, I can still hang on to the old brapp... Hurts the shoulders more as the shoulders get older! LOL!

The black one is the 350x I did for her.. IMG_20150529_160350_680.jpg IMG_864138922241678.jpeg IMG_864181828481572.jpeg