John's Lawn & Garden

johnslawngarden

New OPE Member
Local time
6:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is John, with John's Lawn & Garden landscaping and tree trimming in San Diego. I provide shrub and brush removal, I work with multiple certified arborists, and truly care about the work I provide. As such, I also care about the power equipment we buy and utilize both for safety and ease of use. Looking to get more insight into the best chainsaws, trimmer, and other power tools. If your'e in the San Diego area, feel free to reach out anytime.

Brad Button

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used to work at a Stihl dealership, was there for 18 years, and was a die-hard Stihl person. As of the last few years, I have sold all but one of my Stihl saws and switched to Echo. Stihl has slowly been going downhill with their quality and making it harder for even the techs to work on them. Echo also gives a much better warranty for homeowners and commercial users. We sold Echo along with Stihl, but because of the name/advertising that Stihl did Echo never caught up to them until several years ago. Echo is every bit as good or better with all their equipment.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Echo virtually rules the commercial lawn care services here.

RCBS

Redneck Savant Extraordinaire
Local time
9:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any of the big three will serve you well.

Find the dealer that will also and you have your 'brand'. I feel this is highly important for commercial users. Better if you can find two of them.