High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

International farm Tractor or Three Point Winch...

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Actually some times a big tractor is easier. Sometimes the winch radically increases productivity...... some times it's not clear which is better despite the more focused the equipment the better mentality. With fire wood if I can just back up to the tree hook and go...the 1066 is best. If I have to pull out of a swamp or hill side, the winch I guess....

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a 1951 TO 20 Ferguson with a TRW big bore kit and new tires .Using a set of log tongs on the three point hitch it will drag a fair sized firewood log .
Do you find the front end a little light on the Ferguson? I have to only take half loads of pine rounds in my carryall if I want to use the wheels to steer instead of the brakes on mine. Which also needs new brakes, by the way. Of course we need don't have much flat land around here.

Do you have a picture of that 3 point setup?

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's not a question of if but rather where the pics are .It's nothing more than a set of tongs of about 18" spread .Too small and I have to set the points using a dead blow 4 pound hammer .I only raise the log maybe 6 inches up off the ground and only tug maybe 1500 pounds to a ton log it might pop the front up every so often but the ground is level as a pool table .After I move some firewood today I'll see if I can mock up the set up if I have time .However I might already have the pics on another camera I use .I might note if I have bigger logs which are rare I have an Oliver OC6 crawler dozer I can fire up .

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's not a question of if but rather where the pics are .It's nothing more than a set of tongs of about 18" spread .Too small and I have to set the points using a dead blow 4 pound hammer .I only raise the log maybe 6 inches up off the ground and only tug maybe 1500 pounds to a ton log it might pop the front up every so often but the ground is level as a pool table .After I move some firewood today I'll see if I can mock up the set up if I have time .However I might already have the pics on another camera I use .I might note if I have bigger logs which are rare I have an Oliver OC6 crawler dozer I can fire up .
I was just wondering what the tongs are connected to. Using a 3 point boom attachment? No rush on the pic, but am curious. I have a 70hp 4wd deutz d7007 for the heavier stuff, and a PT425 with grapple. Always looking for another way to skin the cat.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The tongs just tie to the three point tool bar /draw bar with a short wire choker or a short chain .I could use a shackle if I wanted to as I adapted a swivel hook to the tongs which evidently were used with a two person handle for moving short logs ,rail road ties etc .They certainly predate me .Just some of the junk I stumbled upon from a life time of being a dumpster diver .
Dragging logs all you really need to do is get the front of the log up out of the dirt and then it drags fairly easy .I'm talking two foot logs not 3 1/2 foot oak logs 30 feet long .Fact I've got an over 3 feet over 30 footer shag bark that needs to come down and I'm not even sure the dozer could pull it unless I cut it in two .It's going to take 40-50 foot of chain to even get on it unless I cut some trees out of the way which I really don't want to do .

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I finally found it .This was before I changed the handle clamp for the swivel hook which gained me a little bit more lift View attachment 316856 View attachment 316856
Thank you for that picture. May have to rig up something like it. I love the little Fergie, but didn't want a long arm off the back to reduce leverage. I've though of putting on a rear narrow fork to skid logs with, but I like your idea better.

redpowerd

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Walt for years and years i would exhaust my large ash supply by simply pulling whatever distance i could loop chain on the back of the 7210 and skid em right to the house

redpowerd

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im still tryin to figger out what water your on lol... im wayyy up by the mighty st. Lawrence so i dont get around them southern lakes much. Maybe indian lake is the southest