IEL-Pioneer thread

rocketnorton

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
tank on the ab is pretty clean. cant see diff in handle bars. am getting blind & not very observant sometimes, tho... yours got any kinda kill switch?

Mark71gtx

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
heard the pioneer ones were weak & usually replaced w/fm.
I read that the plastic starter pawls were known to break on the Pioneer ones as well. I wish it had the same logo on it though. I guess it is better to have one that works!

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I only count 6 1/4 runners - oh you meant saws :)

I love the 600, 650 my favorite saws aesthetically ever, I will own a primo restored 650 someday
I'm primo restoring a 650 for a while now. I found almost all new parts and the rest were blasted and sprayed with an original can of pioneer yellow. I need to finish that up.

Wagnerwerks

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I still have a bunch of handle bars and odd parts for iels up to p40s. If you need odd bits, let me know. I'd like to pass the torch and send all of this stuff to one of you yellow saw nuts :)

Wagnerwerks

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't even know what most of this fits. I know it's old. I've ided a bunch of it, but I have a lot of little bits... Are you looking for any parts in particular?

DrewUth

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys. I have a few questions about my P28...it has the H-only adjustable Tillotson carb on it. When it sits for more than a few days, it needs a prime (raw fuel) in the carb to start...I understand this means the needle and seat need to be replaced. Before I just order a kit for this carb (can anyone direct me to the proper one?), I was wondering if it would be worth upgrading it to a more adjustable carb? Thoughts?

Thanks!

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys. I have a few questions about my P28...it has the H-only adjustable Tillotson carb on it. When it sits for more than a few days, it needs a prime (raw fuel) in the carb to start...I understand this means the needle and seat need to be replaced. Before I just order a kit for this carb (can anyone direct me to the proper one?), I was wondering if it would be worth upgrading it to a more adjustable carb? Thoughts?

Thanks!
Not the needle & seat but the rubber diaphragms have gotten stiff. Both are in your average carb kit.

High speed mixture is adjustable?? Strange. My P-26 is a fixed jet for High side.

DrewUth

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not the needle & seat but the rubber diaphragms have gotten stiff. Both are in your average carb kit.

High speed mixture is adjustable?? Strange. My P-26 is a fixed jet for High side.

Hmmm...maybe I have it backwards. It only has one adjustment though. You're probably right; I haven't looked at it in a few days. The diaphragms you say, ok cool. Thanks!

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
tank on the ab is pretty clean. cant see diff in handle bars. am getting blind & not very observant sometimes, tho... yours got any kinda kill switch?
Your thumb is both the choke and kill switch. The AB have neither unless you want to pull the plug wire off a running saw.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Throwing up a smoke screen there Pete. Did you know that the breakin ratio for the AB was 8:1, that really threw out a lot of smoke.

rocketnorton

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your thumb is both the choke and kill switch. The AB have neither unless you want to pull the plug wire off a running saw.

Throwing up a smoke screen there Pete. Did you know that the breakin ratio for the AB was 8:1, that really threw out a lot of smoke.
startin w/lil squirt, one or 2 pulls cold. starts as any once warm. made kill strip, like old mowers, bolted to head. lil hole in plug boot.