I guess I been banned by the Fox of AS

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
3:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I joined AS around 6 months ago....have yet to make a single post....my mailbox was full "requests" to support $$$. After reading about all the bans and other shenanigas I doubt I'll post or become a supporting member there.....and not just because I'm a cheap bastard...which I am.

Bill G

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And you keep going back.
That is true. So is this.

The only guy paid to port a saw was on this site...........a monkey in TN .........not a grrilla in VA ...old AS guys will get it

The only guy I ever bought (8) new Husky 395's from in less than a year owns this site ... probably 8 more soon if they stop putting me in the call "que"

I love this site also but I am a vintage saw guy with now over 700 saws so I keep my contacts open. If you look I have several modern saws in the for sale section that are not of interest to folks for whatever reason. There are barns full more but why clutter up the site. I have ZERO to add to any conversation on port timing and squish.....never any issue on a Homelite 990...Just ask Dean Hylton... Once again ole AS guy.

I love saws, farming, fine mature women, and more importantly shooting the breeze about anything and it just seems that has been lost in all the BS of smartphones and arguing on the web. It did not used to be that way. When John Lambert (Gypo Logger) asked me to join AS ,amy of us BS'ed and had a great time.

It is too bad as I still love to BS about saws, fine mature women, farming, tools, and most anything else but folks just want to bethch on a smartphone via a post and not call up and shoot the breeze.

Any of ya all get bored some evening after 7PM CT give me a jingle if you love saws or hate liberals.....ah *s-word there I went .....headed to banned camp.

I wish all a great weekend

Bill G

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That was then but times changed .
I agree times change but being able to converse sensibly doesn't. It is still needed to have a functioning society.

We have a "no cell phone" policy at work. I got chastised one day by the plant manager when he walked by and I was looking at mine.....( I was probably either checking here, the Swede site or AS).... Well I think it is odd that we have the policy but the mid-management will text or call employees from 250ft away to tell them something. Up until Friday I had not given them my number. I figure if you need me, you come speak to me, face to face.

The same principle applies online but in a different version. I spent most of my life working in education as a high school Industrial Arts instructor. I had principals that were good and bad just like we all have bosses that are good and bad. One I could not stand based on his management had followed one policy that was great. Many folks used to do it. The one and done. I will exchange an email with you on an issue but after that if it is not resolved I am done and it either goes face to face or on the phone. Of course that policy does not fit all situations but the principle behind it does. If you have an issue with me just come right out and say it. No need to send a slug of secret PM's to rally your troops. Stand upm, be a man and deal with it

Last edited:

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The downward tail spin dive of that forum took some time to evolve .It did not start out as it later became . It became like a battle of super egos .The main players were like a bunch of spoiled seven year olds .It spun off several other forums of which some were short lived and some are still around .What it did prove is no one group or owners of those sites owns the internet .Two things I've come to realize .Everybody has two things,an opinion and an azz hole .However nobody needs to act like the later .

Bill G

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is no doubt there are egos there but those are everywhere. The site just like all sites has changed over the years. There are saw sites and kart sites I no longer visit do to changes in folks and interests. It is sad to see some of the sites fade away.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FWIW you'll find more engine info on kart and RC sites than you will on chainsaw sites .British motorcycle sites are good as well .Just a different mindset I suppose .Chainsaw sites or at least some of them you can find what fits what .As far as I know there is no reference like Hollanders for automobile parts . Cutting to the chase you can find just about everything you are looking for on the internet but some takes a lot of research .If it were easy everybody could be a restorer .

Oddsandends

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm DONE on AS. However, I was doing some dumb YouTube tutorials that I deleted because of what the people on there said. But even after that, they would not let it go. Now I'm here because I want a more serious community.

Bill G

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm DONE on AS. However, I was doing some dumb YouTube tutorials that I deleted because of what the people on there said. But even after that, they would not let it go. Now I'm here because I want a more serious community.
Well I really wish you find it better here but I will tell you that you still need to slooooow down, listen, and finish what you start. Your indecisiveness and jumping from thing to thing is not good.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You evidently have not found the nsp3 thread.