HUSQVARNA HUSQVARNA THREAD

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I have a 3120 carb that has H and L screws...
Let me look in a bit...

Edit... Just low adj...

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If the opening is slightly smaller can't you open it up a bit to accomidate the larger line?

As a last resort, yes. I just can't believe Husky doesn't have a readily available solution for a part they no longer make for an earlier version of a saw they still make. That said, I've also heard that a tank can easily crack when trying to drill out the opening. Not sure how or why, but don't want to find out if I don't need to.

Anyway, the order is in through the only Husky dealer worth two cents around here. A *special note* to call Husky for details was tagged to the fuel line part number once he finally found it in PartSmart. Owner said he'd call em to get it figured out and give me a ring. I'm waiting. I doubt he'll make either call. Gonna hit another Husky dealer today for a 55 grommet to see if it'll fit.

Will post what happens. 'Preciate the input.

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I knew it couldn't be that simple!
Good luck!
I have a local dealer that is good...
They were VERY good but seem to be slipping a little...

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Picked up a 55 grommet and it snuck right into the 3120 tank hole with only a little persuasion. That's the good news. Bad news is one o' those little rascals is 5 bux! Talk about gouging..., sheesh. Better news is that I can now also use the higher end Stihl R5 nitrile bulk line instead of paying another 6 or 7 bux for a 10" Husky 300 pigtail hose..., which sorta makes up for the cost of the grommet.

Still waiting on the call from the first dealer. At this point I just hope he ordered all the other stuff I had on the list. I usually go through a different person there who is all about detail when I order parts but she was off that afternoon. I just walked out with my fingers crossed.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A pawn shop near me has a very nice used Husky 240 for $120.00 asking price. It has the original bar with most of the pain left and a Carlton chain with alot of life still in it. I'm thinking about getting this saw as a gift for my dad who is currently sans saw. He doesn't cut a huge amount, just maintaining his small property and cleaning up storm damage. What say you? Good deal? As I remember this saw was around $240.00 new at Lowe's.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A pawn shop near me has a very nice used Husky 240 for $120.00 asking price. It has the original bar with most of the pain left and a Carlton chain with alot of life still in it. I'm thinking about getting this saw as a gift for my dad who is currently sans saw. He doesn't cut a huge amount, just maintaining his small property and cleaning up storm damage. What say you? Good deal? As I remember this saw was around $240.00 new at Lowe's.

I'm pretty sure that just an all orange poulan pro.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This one is made in Sweden, if that matters. The engine and internals might be the same, but the Poulan Pros of that vintage look completely different.

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it's not scored, runs well, and they'll take $75.00, it'd be a good little saw for your dad. And it is just an E-lux consumer saw as Dub mentioned..., just in Husky colors.

$120 will buy you a lot more (and better) saw if you're patient and look around. Hell, I have a couple of sweet totally rebuilt 55's I'm only looking to get $150 or so out of.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This one is made in Sweden, if that matters. The engine and internals might be the same, but the Poulan Pros of that vintage look completely different.

Yes they look different and yes the internals are the same I would shoot him a lower price and at least see if you can peak down the spark plug hole. Also the "special" carb adjustment tool would be handy for it too.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it's not scored, runs well, and they'll take $75.00, it'd be a good little saw for your dad. And it is just an E-lux consumer saw as Dub mentioned..., just in Husky colors.

$120 will buy you a lot more (and better) saw if you're patient and look around. Hell, I have a couple of sweet totally rebuilt 55's I'm only looking to get $150 or so out of.

@FergusonTO35 ^^^^^^^^Thats a dam good deal right there.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Will think about it. I'm not necessarily going to buy him a saw right now given that it's the middle of summer, just asking about that one in particular. Honestly, if the 240 is as good as my little Poulan 2150 has been then it would be worth picking up; for a lower price of course.

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That'd be a slightly different story as a collectible, but $120 may even be a stretch there, too. As for the E-lux 240, you can buy a new one for $180 or even a PP 5020AV if you shop a little. And that 5020 is a helluva deal for the price.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Will think about it. I'm not necessarily going to buy him a saw right now given that it's the middle of summer, just asking about that one in particular. Honestly, if the 240 is as good as my little Poulan 2150 has been then it would be worth picking up; for a lower price of course.

If you get that 240 a little muffler mod and timing advance and rretune goes a long long way with them.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That'd be a slightly different story as a collectible, but $120 may even be a stretch there, too. As for the E-lux 240, you can buy a new one for $180 or even a PP 5020AV if you shop a little. And that 5020 is a helluva deal for the price.

A pawn shop near me has a couple of gently used 5020's for $100.00 asking price. I can give you their info if interested. I agree the 5020 is a real bargain (albeit an ugly one) but I'm just not interested in it and my dad really needs something that weighs less.