Trader history (0)

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think some members have discovered in the past that the piston and cylinder may look OK, but the lower end bearing were short on oil when running lower than 50:1 ratio.
Just curious on what you are basing your 80:1 oil theory on.
Have you pulled jug to see crank bearing and lower end? Just pulled muffler to see in?
Inquiring minds want to know. Lol

Skisawyer

chain rook
Local time
11:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe, and i’m talking out my butt here, the crank stuffers design on the 562 help to force the air-fuel-oil mixture down in there mo’ better? and keep her lubed up?... but there again, only an engineer or a twisted-wrench banana eating sausage fingered knuckle dragging portin’ primate can say for sure! Ahem....

But I’m thinking Matt would know by now if his bearings were burning up. And I’m also thinking he should run that saw into the ground on 80:1 and only when something fails catastrophic-ly does he need to do a dissection for us. But he’s on the hook for posting photos ;)

Clogged air and fuel filters probably kill more saws these days than 80:1 ams soils... only to be outdone by the stupid stick and straight gassing... chuckle chuckle

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes. Very true. I was just speaking in general terms. Kind of thinking outloud.

Matt Schmitt

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think some members have discovered in the past that the piston and cylinder may look OK, but the lower end bearing were short on oil when running lower than 50:1 ratio.
Just curious on what you are basing your 80:1 oil theory on.
Have you pulled jug to see crank bearing and lower end? Just pulled muffler to see in?
Inquiring minds want to know. Lol
Maybe, and i’m talking out my butt here, the crank stuffers design on the 562 help to force the air-fuel-oil mixture down in there mo’ better? and keep her lubed up?... but there again, only an engineer or a twisted-wrench banana eating sausage fingered knuckle dragging portin’ primate can say for sure! Ahem....

But I’m thinking Matt would know by now if his bearings were burning up. And I’m also thinking he should run that saw into the ground on 80:1 and only when something fails catastrophic-ly does he need to do a dissection for us. But he’s on the hook for posting photos ;)

Clogged air and fuel filters probably kill more saws these days than 80:1 ams soils... only to be outdone by the stupid stick and straight gassing... chuckle chuckle
Only inspection I have done is muffler pulled and looking in. But yes I wanna run it in the ground just to see how long it last on 80:1 and it’s not a theory why I’m running it they said it can handle it is why I’m trying it to test there theory.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
12:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Stuffers just take up empty case volume so more of the mixture goes in to the transfers. Been a few threads here of people adding them to race saws.

Last edited:

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You are build them to sail?
This one I did, and it came back. It was tight when it left but idk how long it sat before I first got it. I haven't decided yet how I'm even building the other two. I'd thought about a red and silver mashup and then I saw the thread with the 562 intake. Plus I want to get a little more serious about porting. To answer your question: I don't have a plan.

Last edited:

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This one I did, and it came back. It was tight when it left but idk how long it sat before I got it. I haven't decided yet how I'm even building the other two. I'd thought about a red and silver mashup and then I saw the thread with the 562 intake. Plus I want to get a little more serious about porting. To answer your question: I don't have a plan.
Will this be a mark II saw? If so, we need to talk;)