Husqvarna 2100 with 880 cylinder/piston

Scott Kelsey

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi everyone. Was watching videos on YouTube and came across this one. Found it interesting. How would this be possible because I would assume both saws do not have the same stroke and the cylinders most likely would not match up. My modification knowledge of chainsaws is very limited, not like everyone else's here, and am just curious what you all think.

Watch "Husqvarna 2100/ Stihl ms880" on YouTube

kanscruzer

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hell, a 084 cylinder bolts on , to bad it's sideways. And a 3120 crank fits . you're half way there now with only $5 - 6 hundred dollars $$ of machine work you're there, Or you could find a Duke P/C and be done with it

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Scott, Anything is possible, It's a mater of time and money invested to make things work.
For an example of a saw i built. Sachs Dolmar 166 118cc's that started life with a 56mm
bore. I had one with a damaged cylinder and did a bunch of research and ended up with
a 084 piston i and a machine shop modified and then had the cylinder bored 4mm over
and came out with 136cc's, Lot of time and money spent on it but i love the saw. Pulls
like a freight train.

There are guys on this site that are way more educated than i and have built some fantastic
running saws using mismatched parts from other saws.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Isn't there a DolKiVarna in existence too?
A Dolmar/Makita 9000/9010 mash up with a Husqvarna 39x cylinder.

Just a matter of diligence!

Last edited:

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Isn't there a DolKiVarna in existence too?
A Dolmar/Makita 9000/9010 mash up with a Husqvarna 39x cylinder.

Just a matter of diligence!

That rings a bell, I think there is a Dolmar with a stroker out there. Can't remember who built it.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep, I am certain that's the one I was thinking about! :)

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Years ago Easy Rider magazine had a special publication of what could be grafted to what to come up with different modifications on Harley D's .As well one of the early karting magazine did the same but it was mainly with McCulloch engines . Following that are much has been said and done with Chevy small block engines . Fast forward till today .I know of no where such information could be obtained for chainsaws .So these become the brain child of who ever did it .Who is to say , some of these experiments might have led to production saws .On the other hand most likely those that failed found a second use for a row boat anchor or a door stop .You will never know unless you try .