Huskyboy meets the 572xp

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ported both of them. Two slightly different recipes. I try to alternate the workload between the two of them so they last longer.
Now you can do a test. Run one at a time until it quits, add times together. Then run saws alternating to see what procedure makes for longer saw life. This maybe a long drawn out test.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What changes between the 2 if you dont mind sharing
One of them has a lower exhaust, didn’t touch the intake floor to maximize case compression and sloped upper transfer roof with the exhaust side higher than intake. Has a smooth broad powerband and is forgiving of a little too aggressive chain or a chain that’s a tad dulled. The other one I raised the exhaust a bit (good curve to the roof though), lowered the intake floor and flattened the roof of the upper transfers so they aim straighter across (I did not raise them though). I’d say it makes a tad more peak hp/torque than the other one, but the power band isn’t as broad. Rpm in the cut is similar between the two and cut times aren’t that much different.

Last edited:

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of them has a lower exhaust, didn’t touch the intake floor to maximize case compression and sloped upper transfer roof with the exhaust side higher than intake. Has a smooth broad powerband and is forgiving of a little too aggressive chain or a chain that’s a tad dulled. The other one I raised the exhaust a bit (good curve to the roof though), lowered the intake floor and flattened the roof of the upper transfers so they aim straighter across (I did not raise them though). I’d say it makes a tad more peak hp/torque than the other one, but the power band isn’t as broad. Rpm in the cut is similar between the two and cut times aren’t that much different.
Thanks for the info.
Are you predominantly running these 2 saws or are you switching between all the others you’ve mentioned having

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the info.
Are you predominantly running these 2 saws or are you switching between all the others you’ve mentioned having
No problem and for logging use primarily those two. Once in a while I’ll use a different saw in my collection just to knock the cobwebs out of them though.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thru the intake into the strato ports. I've heard about don't know if it works or not

In the past, I'd tried everything on the 562. Drilled holes from the intake thru into the strato ports even.

Can find a little gain from mixing fuel into the strato stream.....but not enough to matter. What it really does is hurt fuel economy.

I don't do anything like that to the 5 series saws now.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Will removing that spitback guard contaminate the air filter sooner?
No. It’s for keeping spitback out of the stratos. The spitback just hits the back wall of the filter holder and goes into the stratos without it in there. The saw seems to gain some torque after this mod without any negatives other than the difficulty of grinding it out. I was actually inspired by other strato saws that have no spitback guard to keep spitback out of the stratos. It seems like it is only done for emissions is my guess.

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldn’t remove the spitback guard on a 460 or 660 with the hd filter though for example. You will soak the filter. It’s an entirely different setup than the 572xp.