High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Huskyboy meets the 572xp

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
When these mtronic/autotune are working properly they are just awesome worksaws.
I’ve had a 562 for awhile with no problems, and several stihl 661’s with a few minor problems, but overall for me, I’m happier not worrying about tuning them perfect, and letting autotune or mtronic do their job. Some fallers here will not touch the carb screws. They have to take them to the dealer. I can’t even imagine. We can hear other saws on the hillside sometimes in desperate need of tuning. I couldn’t stand running those without adjusting them.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
6:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hear that loud and clear. Just a few days ago I put 6 saws on my ATV to go play with a log I found in the woods. Forgot to bring a tuning screw driver, and my house is under 500 feet and I was over 2,000 feet. The only one of the 6 saws that felt like it was at it's potential was the M Tronic saw! I'm getting spoiled with that!
Honestly Mike, after having my now long gone cs2260 and being so spoiled with it...I kinda feel like I'll probably only buy auto tuning saws. I can tune a saw just dandy, but why should I? The mtronic and auto tuning set ups available now are significantly better than the originals and are really milking the most power possible and doing it safely. A Tree Monkey 661 either gets close to or bests a 395. That's ridiculous, isnt it?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well a bit of a change of pace from logging... I blocked up some of our firewood this afternoon in 90 degree humid azz heat. No hot start issues. Ran the pizz out of the saw, it out works me in the heat.94D477D3-47D3-40A7-8108-E6A269A33236.jpeg

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well a bit of a change of pace from logging... I blocked up some of our firewood this afternoon in 90 degree humid azz heat. No hot start issues. Ran the pizz out of the saw, it out works me in the heat.View attachment 193080
What chain you have on her today? Round full comp?

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Interesting comments on the AT and M-tronic saws. As this technology matures the narrative is moving from "stay away from them" to "I think they are OK" and heading towards "I actually prefer them on my saw". Natural that is takes a while to get to a comfort level with new things like this. But truth is that the early issues on the 562's and 550's were not related to AT anyway. Those problems would have been there had the carbs been adjustable. Things like poor filter sealing can't be blamed on Auto-Tune, right? So, now the reverse is taking place. Some guys who burned up early 550's and 562's understandably are taking a "wait and see" approach, and ya can't blame them.

I'm SO relieved that since we've now had some real hot weather the 572's and 550M2's are doing fine. Better than I expected, to be honest. And thanks Mason for hammering that saw in the heat like you've been doing. I'm past the age of running saws in 90 degree temps, that's for sure! :)

Had a guy in yesterday saying he needs another 550 cause "it's a hell of a saw, and the guys fight over it". Between the 2 models, (plus 3- 565's), we are closing in on 100 retailed and except for that one 572 coil, there have been zero problems with these things. Amen!

flying pig

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
It’s no different than tier 4 final diesels and actually the whole tier system from the get go. There was a rash of problems all the way through from EGR to DPF, then SCR really messes things up for a few years and now manufacturers are finally starting to get it dialed in to where the engines are more fuel efficient than they were with no emissions controls and slowly are getting to being more reliable as well. Funny but the industrial side is actually having more problems than the automotive side with them as well, especially in extreme temperatures. Costs to fix that stuff if slowly becoming more manageable too.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I find it to be a real convenience not to have a tuning screw driver in your pocket, no matter the conditions!

Trip to the mountains, no worries!!!
Me too Mike, when was logging 1000 feet of elevation change wasnt that out of the ordinary.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I doubt they adjust that quickly for elevation...
Same day cutting.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not when making big changes like that Mike.