High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Huskyboy meets the 572xp

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
4:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I just decided to go all husky/jred/Solo. Nothing against Stihl, but parts cost is to high for me. If I didn't have a couple nice 2260's a 462 would be a hard saw to pass up. I just point out the cons and the pros, as I do for any model, difference is Stihl guys are usually offended by it more easily. Husky has and have had there own issues also. In this case I would prefer the 572 with longer bars and the 462 with shorter ones. I am sure owners of booth will have great things to like about them.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just decided to go all husky/jred/Solo. Nothing against Stihl, but parts cost is to high for me. If I didn't have a couple nice 2260's a 462 would be a hard saw to pass up. I just point out the cons and the pros, as I do for any model, difference is Stihl guys are usually offended by it more easily. Husky has and have had there own issues also. In this case I would prefer the 572 with longer bars and the 462 with shorter ones. I am sure owners of booth will have great things to like about them.

I understand tribalism is in our DNA, but it's still a bit confusing for me to watch how defensive and irrational people can be about their brand.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl is the dodge of the chainsaw world.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tough crowd back here...

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Couple things the 572xp does better than the 462... AV is smoother, oiler outputs a little more, balances a longer bar better, better chip clearance, better filter seal/setup, I like the chain adjuster setup better, better fuel mileage, a bit more forgiving powerband, stronger cases/bottom end and it’s about 200$ cheaper. Things the 462 does better than the 572xp... better throttle response, more nimble limbing, lighter powerhead weight, well matched to shorter bars, carb box layout is a little more simplified, captive nuts are nicer than the husky’s. There’s a couple more things that I’d list I’m forgetting I’m sure, but that’s most of it. The major thing both of them need to stop cheaping out on is the pathetic stock spikes and a fixed metal catcher (hate those). Dual dogs and a roller standard would be nice on saws of this caliber.

Last edited:

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Couple things the 572xp does better than the 462... AV is smoother, oiler outputs a little more, balances a longer bar better, better chip clearance, better filter seal/setup, I like the chain adjuster setup better, better fuel mileage, a bit more forgiving powerband, stronger cases/bottom end and it’s about 200$ cheaper. Things the 462 does better than the 572xp... better throttle response, more nimble limbing, lighter powerhead weight, well matched to shorter bars, carb box layout is a little more simplified, captive nuts are a nicer than the husky’s. There’s a couple more things that I’d list I’m forgetting I’m sure, but that’s most of it. The major thing both of them need to stop cheaping out on is the pathetic stock spikes and a fixed metal catcher (hate those). Dual dogs and a roller standard would be nice on saws of this caliber.

Heck a saw 70cc’s and over shouldn’t even come off the line without big dawgs and a full wrap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dealer cost on wrap kits thru husky usually run 30.00 I understand the 572 kit will include a wide discharge cover and dual large dawgs, so it might cost a bit more.
Thanks, I wasn’t too sure if the 572 kit would cost the same or more.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Based on the weight of the 462, and it's ability to double as a liming saw, I prefer it w/o the wrap handle. This will also help in flush cutting stumps on lawns.

I did install the outer dog though, makes it a nice set up. The stock chain catch has not caused me any problems. It is heavier duty than previous versions.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Based on the weight of the 462, and it's ability to double as a liming saw, I prefer it w/o the wrap handle. This will also help in flush cutting stumps on lawns.

I did install the outer dog though, makes it a nice set up. The stock chain catch has not caused me any problems. It is heavier duty than previous versions.
The metal catchers don’t last as long and screw up the chain when it’s thrown. The reason there used is to save $ because they cost less than a roller for them to fit standard. Just my honest opinion.

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

this video shows a 562 running against a 572 good comparison because i was always happy with the power of my 562s even when they were stock they ran nice so this shows me i would really like the power of the 572xp
Oh it’s definitely much more powerful than a 562.. and has a much wider powerband.

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
9:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The metal catchers don’t last as long and screw up the chain when it’s thrown. The reason there used is to save $ because they cost less than a roller for them to fit standard. Just my honest opinion.
I think like you said before, it's about the weight.
They have a target weight. This was in design for 10 yrs. So they have a 'Launching saw' presentation saw ..AND then there is 'the saw'. Stihl did the same with that ribbed little dog on it. I couldn't floss my teeth with that. Same with that dog with all the holes in on your saw.
The 371 did that also and holes drilled all through the clutch drum. You will get the 'same' small dogs on a 365 or 372 if you want but they won't have the holes in them. They will be solid. That's got to be why they come bare bones with the aluminum catcher and all. Usually aluminum anyway. Once it's launched properly then you won't see anymore holy dogs...just cows. The early 371 dogs actually had a tab so you could bolt through the mount.
....yes 3 point contact, so when the top came loose, it ''all" came loose. Didn't work in practice. Not really sure how that works in theory either unless you have two top bolts. In this case three was not better than two.
In BC,, Faller Certification s have been in since 2005. So you may see smaller dogs (plural) on some pro saws but you pick what you want in terms of top covers, air filters,dogs. It has always been that way. Only the bar size and wrap cost a bit more. last time I got a $200 Stihl lite for $80 more at Walker' saw shop with a new saw. I figured that was pretty good as I didn't need more 24" or 28"