Husky 550xp 545 w/ complete 562xp Intake & Carb

Fullkip

Timber Faller/Saw Porter/Hunting Guide
Local time
7:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I checked and a 562 clutch spins right on a 550. I'm gonna try it next time I pull my chain off. Fits in the 550 drum...
I ran the Hybrid again today, if only it wasn't limited. Spends a lot of time bouncing of the limiter. The av handles the light weight 24 inch bar fine.

Fullkip

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ZT4K8Gg5TAqSjcU5A

Here is the data from the 550 Hybrid, this is from the first el48. It ran strong but would load up if it idled very long.
I put another el48 on it and it cured the idle . I burned 3 tanks.

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
10:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ZT4K8Gg5TAqSjcU5A

Here is the data from the 550 Hybrid, this is from the first el48. It ran strong but would load up if it idled very long.
I put another el48 on it and it cured the idle issue. I burned 3 tanks with it yesterday and it ran perfectly. Very happy with it.
Good to hear. What do you think was wrong with old carb? Leaky needle? Bad diaphragms?

Fullkip

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm pretty sure it's leaking around the nozzle. Or the nozzle. It has a new kit in it. Weird because it passed the pressure/vacuum leak down test.
I need to look it over again.

Flip

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ZT4K8Gg5TAqSjcU5A

Have you done any resets with the software? The main reason I swapped my 545 without running is I don't have access to the CST and didn't won't the computer to know anything but that 562 carb.

I thought that idling would be a big stumbling block for this build and went back and researched all of Mitch Weba's work on the 562 stumble. I thought I was going to be notching plates. Color me surprised when it sorted itself out first run.

On a side note, I don't think the 545 has been a very good seller. I ordered a new saw and got an early 2016 build.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ZT4K8Gg5TAqSjcU5A

Those fuel settings look just like any good running AT I've hooked up. That's crazy.

Fullkip

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Once I get more time on this second el48 i'll pull the data again. Having the CST allows you to check and clear codes and keep and eye on carb temperature and fuel settings. I can't do any updates but I haven't needed any. New replacement carbs just need to be flashed by a dealer.

Fullkip

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Here's a short clip of the Hybrid in action. Chain is getting wood dull, a trained ear can tell... It did well falling and limbing on the cut bank and side hill above the haul road.

AKJonsereds

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like the hybrid is running great. The bar looked long at first but the combination looks really useful. I wonder if the little carb is better for cutting limbs. The big carb runs great at WOT... Have you noticed any difference in acceleration between the two ported saws?

Fullkip

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been a long day cutting, just happy to make it back up to my pickup in one piece... lol
I want to run them both in a decent log with the same bar and chain.
My other ported 550 with the stock carb seems to starve for fuel in long cuts at times. Not sure yet though. They are very close on the rev boost acceleration.

They both need more run time cutting timber.
I won't put 20in bars on them gotta have a 24 they really save my back... Steep ground and short bars don't mix.

Fullkip

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine is shelfed temporaily, if I get any time off this winter I'll port another jug. The one I had on it had the plating wear through above the intake. It was a high hour one. It sure was a strong runner, it had more low end then my other ported 550s. I need another carb for it too.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ZT4K8Gg5TAqSjcU5A

are you a dealer in order to use that software?

Fullkip

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry for the slow reply, still super busy cutting trying to finish up our summer jobs.
No I am not a dealer I cant do carb updates. I just have the auto tune service kit. Got it used. I can check for codes and clear them. I can get all the data...

Vinpie1

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anybody tried to fit the 2020 562xp air filter setup in there yet? I am about to order parts listed on page 1 but the original filter holder is on backorder. I have 3 562xp update kits on hand and was thinking of trying one if anybody know if it fits. Otherwise I'll try here soon and post my findings. Thanks for all this great info. I'm always trying to fit bigger carbs at 8000ft plus elevation out here! This is awesome!!!

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anybody tried to fit the 2020 562xp air filter setup in there yet? I am about to order parts listed on page 1 but the original filter holder is on backorder. I have 3 562xp update kits on hand and was thinking of trying one if anybody know if it fits. Otherwise I'll try here soon and post my findings. Thanks for all this great info. I'm always trying to fit bigger carbs at 8000ft plus elevation out here! This is awesome!!!

No idea, but it only takes a few minutes to find out if you have the parts.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe the filter in the new kits is actually a 550 filter. It takes some finagling and grinding/filling to get the 562 intake boot to fit the 550, but the filter and elbow should work

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe the filter in the new kits is actually a 550 filter. It takes some finagling and grinding/filling to get the 562 intake boot to fit the 550, but the filter and elbow should work
They won’t fit under the hood. To use the updated 562 filter holder on a 550 carb you’ll need to do some clearance work for the high idle lock flipper