How to square file

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They Probly are, had lots of limbing and brush clearing to do. Next sharpening I’ll bring em down
Looks great.
Wish I had a better camera, mine has a crack down the center of the lens, if there are any reflections at all it will not focus at all.

I was expecting you to say you were running a 12 pin lol.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
8:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a go today, it was my first try, be gentle with me ;) :cool:

half used lpx 75 chain... the rakers were a bit low, I used a progressive gauge on them iirc. As they were a little lower than std gauge but a little higher then the progressive :rolleyes:

so the first thing is like any other filing... consistently getting the same results.. not that I did..you can see in one of the pics :oops:..
I have a new file and a new hobbie, thanks to @stranter for sending me one to try... :campeon:

Cheers Simon:)
Btw... I have very little idea
6D1E6ACB-38A0-4652-8840-D783466C90BF.jpeg DA15094C-D4A3-4647-83BE-527493113B37.jpeg

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
4:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

half used lpx 75 chain... the rakers were a bit low, I used a progressive gauge on them iirc. As they were a little lower than std gauge but a little higher then the progressive :rolleyes:

so the first thing is like any other filing... consistently getting the same results.. not that I did..you can see in one of the pics :oops:..
I have a new file and a new hobbie, thanks to @stranter for sending me one to try... :campeon:

View attachment 243309 View attachment 243310
Looks great for a first attempt.
In the first pic it looks like you’ve got lots of forward lean. That will make the cutter really aggressive. You’ll need to try the chain but most guys like about 2-3* of forward lean.
In your second pic it looks like you’ve got a little side beak. The chain will cut fast but at the expense of durability. You just need to try and line up your outside corner a little more.
That chain will likely cut pretty good on a bigger saw for a few cuts. It looks a ton better then my first square filed chain did. :thumbsup:

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 243309 View attachment 243310
Not too bad, little forward lean,but everything else looks pretty good to me

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk