How to square file

Battle Cross 2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't think you would want to try and hand square file a Carlton chain. You'd go through a couple if files, as the cutters are very hard chrome.
Ask me how I know...lol
Carlton is the only chain I ran till my local dealer closed up. Have a stihl dealer local but hate them with a pation so I'll have to figure something out.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Carlton is the only chain I ran till my local dealer closed up. Have a stihl dealer local but hate them with a pation so I'll have to figure something out.
Still chain isn't worth the expensive buy in. My local dealers prices are crazy (in Biglerville). Try loggerchain.com (Frawleys).

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's very weird. When I call Madsen's and place an order, as soon as I give them my address they cancel it out and tell me they cannot ship to me. ‍[emoji3603]

Are you ordering Stihl stuff? If so that’s something that can’t be sold out of their district.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's essentially what I did sir. I like Oregon chain. Cuts well for me. Sharpens well. Easy on files.
Maybe they need a Madsen's East? Lol
So they can sell to East coast guys.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's essentially what I did sir. I like Oregon chain. Cuts well for me. Sharpens well. Easy on files.
Maybe they need a Madsen's East? Lol
So they can sell to East coast guys.

You guys have enough of a true industry to support something like that though?

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure. There are lots of trees here in the Northeast. I really have no clue. Lol
I used to buy all my Stihl chains from Julian.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure. There are lots of trees here in the Northeast. I really have no clue. Lol
I used to buy all my Stihl chains from Julian.

A lot of trees doesn’t mean there’s a lot of industry to support a business like that. You have to think how many guys use to just fall timber here there use to be companies that ran 20 guys or more of doing nothing but fall timber. The in house crews some were 50+ guys as well as having Weyerhaeuser they had their own crews till 2000 I’m not even sure how many were here on the Longview farms but they ran 20+ sides.