How to square file

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
1:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is the bar. I laid this on the anvil of my bench vice and whacked the snot out of it. Enough it probably should have broke off a rail. I didn't even budge it, anywhere.
DSC00642.JPG

I'd have to remeasure. I did back when I tried but can't remember. It's a 63 bar and the chain wiggles a lot.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My old bearing bar rail closer will close the rails too much, but that's on 50. Never tried it on 58 or 63.
This type?
thumbnail.asp

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I make a lot of replacement parts for Silvey round, swing arm, RSII grinders. I haven't gotten into making anything for the Prosharp and SDM4.

At least on the pro sharp there’s only two wear items I’ve found on mine one would be a real easy to build a bushing for cable, the other is the cable itself can stretch after x amount of time in the 30 years we’ve had this one it’s had two cables from stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is the bar. I laid this on the anvil of my bench vice and whacked the snot out of it. Enough it probably should have broke off a rail. I didn't even budge it, anywhere.
View attachment 151962

I'd have to remeasure. I did back when I tried but can't remember. It's a 63 bar and the chain wiggles a lot.
That’s surprising, the paint is even still mostly intact on the bar

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That was before being V’d and beat.
Rails aren’t cracked already from all the beating? If cracked they’ll spring right back until they just break off. If overly wide I have had them feel like they aren’t closing at all but we’re SLOWLY closing. If depth is getting a bit on the shallow side there is not as much leverage to get them to bend back in.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like somting ate your tie strap! lol

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Angle grinder??

Hacksaw??

Hoof rasp?

Which one is c? I always pick c.

You are cutting White Pine and meant to?

Hackberry. But that's about all its good for now.

How.. with a file or a stone. What do I win? o_O

Stone it is. How about some dull files?

Seriously though I never thought I'd be able to stone a beak into one before it had issues in the cut.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rails aren’t cracked already from all the beating? If cracked they’ll spring right back until they just break off. If overly wide I have had them feel like they aren’t closing at all but we’re SLOWLY closing. If depth is getting a bit on the shallow side there is not as much leverage to get them to bend back in.
No. I used a hacksaw blade in the groove when I had the hammer in my hands. Depth is not an issue, there is plenty. My son is going to trade school for welding so some day I may have him weld it and regroove. Hate to pitch it.