High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
@Ronaldo
Did you gents get any rain today ? Mark said previous rains have been splitting & going around again.
Is that the missing from this forum Mark @hoskvarna that you speak of? If so, has he had any better news or results since he last dropped by?

Last edited:

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is that the missing from this forum Mark @hoskvarna that you speak of? If so, has he had any better news or results since he last dropped by?
Yes sir, same fella. Last I knew insurance was being a PIA for him.

@Ronaldo could probably give a better update.

Last edited:

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought it was kind of a stretch also, but he paid me so I didn't ask questions.

He refurbishes old dead trailers for a living, (or at least part of a living).
Well that makes more sense then..

He done cleaned his county out of old trailers already.. has to cast a wider net.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Jihave you heard how many wind turbines got folded up?
Not much on that yet. Most of the news coverage is centered around Greenfield, as that community suffered extensive damage & multiple fatalities.

This is the only bit I have found :

The storm also damaged several wind turbines in southwest Iowa. In Adams County, at least three 250-foot wind turbines were nearly snapped in half, with at least one catching fire.

A spokesman for MidAmerican Energy Company, which owns and operates several wind farms across the state, confirmed that the Adams County turbines are not owned or operated by MidAmerican. The company does, however, own several turbines that were severely damaged in Adair County.

Wind farms are built to withstand tornadoes, hurricanes and other powerful winds. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, turbines are designed shut off when winds exceed certain thresholds, typically around 55 mph. They also lock and feather their blades, and turn into the wind, to minimize the strain.

Last edited:

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not much on that yet. Most of the news coverage is centered around Greenfield, as that community suffered extensive damage & multiple fatalities.

This is the only bit I have found :

The storm also damaged several wind turbines in southwest Iowa. In Adams County, at least three 250-foot wind turbines were nearly snapped in half, with at least one catching fire.

A spokesman for MidAmerican Energy Company, which owns and operates several wind farms across the state, confirmed that the Adams County turbines are not owned or operated by MidAmerican. The company does, however, own several turbines that were severely damaged in Adair County.

Wind farms are built to withstand tornadoes, hurricanes and other powerful winds. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, turbines are designed shut off when winds exceed certain thresholds, typically around 55 mph. They also lock and feather their blades, and turn into the wind, to minimize the strain.
The video I saw didn't look like they held up well

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just wanted to take a minute this morning to say a BIG THANK YOU for all the caring replies to my post a few days back on the loss of my long time partner in crime. I will likely never meet many of you in person, but I do consider you all friends.
👍