High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
9:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning.

A neighbor asked me if I wanted more cedar.....said he was just going to doze em and burn em.....
So, me and the boys went over yesterday and got a good start..
Lots more to take out still...so that's what's on the agenda for today.

He said we could even use his shiny new excavator with thumb to get the job done...

Tom's on the saw, and Sam's skidding em out with the Kubota.
IMG_20230223_173117.jpg

IMG_20230223_173211.jpg

IMG_20230223_173212.jpg

IMG_20230223_173216.jpg

IMG_20230223_172249.jpg

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
10:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
News blurb just read "RARE BLIZZARD WARNING 4 LOS ANGELES?" May just be bravo Sierra. Actually praying it happens. That's not the best side of me

I’m in central cali for a wedding. It’s been a monsoon for the last day, wedding venue was supposed to be outside and it’s a big puddle. They are having to pivot.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cut a bunch more cedar today...
Got about two semi loads worth now.

View attachment 366101

And a nice 24" black walnut.
View attachment 366102
Do you pay for black walnut? I have a friend with some black walnut trees. How would he determine their worth? There are a couple guys with mills that are interested. He has no idea what they are worth and doesn't want to get cheated...

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you pay for black walnut? I have a friend with some black walnut trees. How would he determine their worth? There are a couple guys with mills that are interested. He has no idea what they are worth and doesn't want to get cheated...
Unfortunately I have no market for walnut.

@Cat 525 is the walnut man, he should be able to give answers I'd think.

WoodAbuser

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Took out two very straight 12" HVBW on my place. They only had branches starting 15' from the ground because there was such a huge maple canopy over everything when I got the place. The closest mill offered me $300 if I delivered them. Did end up selling them, but spent $150 to get them there. So much for my HVBW story. The two biggest ones are staying at the top of the hill.

sawnami

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We had a combination plate with Lasagna, chicken Parmesan and fettuccine Alfredo.

Brenda and I split that. It is our normal routine.

We try to save room for dessert. I love my tiramisu and coffee but didn’t have room that day.
I had an Italian sausage sandwich that was extremely good. It is always great to visit with Chet and Brenda.
Chet suggested that I drop by Harry J Epstein Co. in downtown KC. Talk about a jaw dropper! I looked around and picked a box full of hard to find tools and got ready to check out and one of the employees said that I needed to check the two floors above and the basement that I hadn't seen yet. That place is awe inspiring! They have got to have about any quality tool known to mankind. Not just one or two each but a case or more each! BTW if you go anywhere other the main floor, you need to bring a flashlight.