High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
7:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hear you, but $1500 will fix a lot of flats and buy a lot of tires. the flat-free solid tires are astronomical. it is hard for me to justify any of it for what I do; it would be nice though.
Oh no, you need a compact loader tractor that’ll fit on your existing trailer..
A 4 wd one with beefy industrial tires and a small grapple bucket on it.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Morning all! Getting ready to head to work. I'm going to have to take the XS550 in, as I'm either losing a seal in the carb, or my impulse line may be going out. Runs like a scalded cat, but won't idle for more than about 5-10 seconds after it's up to temp. Also had a chimney sweep out, as I don't have a whip system yet for all of the bends in my flue pipe... I have a few cracks in that stupid P.E. stove, and will be buying another stove this year. Haven't decided what yet, but given the size of the firebox I'm looking at (2.8cu/ft or bigger w/a 6" flue), that cuts down the options a bit. I don't want to go to an 8" flue as 2.5 stories of pipe adds up quickly. Debating between Jotul, Buck, Lopi and Vermont Castings as that's what I have dealer support for. The P.E. stove basically made 12 years...

Steve. I'
I'm glad you off-loaded that creamsickle... The Homies might have been a bit perturbed!

Matt - you'll have to tell me how that tractor grapple holds up. I will be buying a 50-70hp tractor eventually and it'll have a grapple quickly thereafter.

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning all! Getting ready to head to work. I'm going to have to take the XS550 in, as I'm either losing a seal in the carb, or my impulse line may be going out. Runs like a scalded cat, but won't idle for more than about 5-10 seconds after it's up to temp. Also had a chimney sweep out, as I don't have a whip system yet for all of the bends in my flue pipe... I have a few cracks in that stupid P.E. stove, and will be buying another stove this year. Haven't decided what yet, but given the size of the firebox I'm looking at (2.8cu/ft or bigger w/a 6" flue), that cuts down the options a bit. I don't want to go to an 8" flue as 2.5 stories of pipe adds up quickly. Debating between Jotul, Buck, Lopi and Vermont Castings as that's what I have dealer support for. The P.E. stove basically made 12 years...

Steve. I'
I'm glad you off-loaded that creamsickle... The Homies might have been a bit perturbed!

Matt - you'll have to tell me how that tractor grapple holds up. I will be buying a 50-70hp tractor eventually and it'll have a grapple quickly thereafter.

12 years on a stove seems like a short life.

My old silent flame ain’t exactly heavy built, but it’s an 86’ model..

Of course I’ve never really inspected it either..

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My brother in law had a show heifer that they put out with the bull and never bred.. she just kept getting fatter, so after 1 too many attempts to get her bred, they gave up and put her in the feedlot.. John said he was just gonna “burger her”..
So I told him “dibs on the tenderloins” have em pulled whole. Should be interesting, since she was 1600 lbs by the time her appointment came around.

And fat like a feed lot steer. But damn near 3.5 years old.

I’ll report back my findings with pics.

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My brother in law had a show heifer that they put out with the bull and never bred.. she just kept getting fatter, so after 1 too many attempts to get her bred, they gave up and put her in the feedlot.. John said he was just gonna “burger her”..
So I told him “dibs on the tenderloins” have em pulled whole. Should be interesting, since she was 1600 lbs by the time her appointment came around.

That should be out standing

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That should be out standing
A little older than desired, but I thought for sure worth salvaging the loins.
She was never fed with the intent of marbling, but she was fat as a tick. We shall see..

I like beef experiments..

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A little older than desired, but I thought for sure worth salvaging the loins.
She was never fed with the intent of marbling, but she was fat as a tick. We shall see..

I like beef experiments..

Cattle get fat inside before it’s really noticeable outside. But depends on breed too. Marbling might be a different story as well. YRMV like they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I was told, if you tell a butcher you want all hamburger, they will keep all the good cuts and give you hamburger from some other animal to make up for the weight of the good cuts. True or not? I really have no idea but it makes sense. Could you turn a tenderloin, prime ribs, brisket, etc., into hamburger if you were the butcher?

Is the beef from a cow (like this one) so bad that you wouldn't want to eat it for anything other than hamburger? Educate me

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was told, if you tell a butcher you want all hamburger, they will keep all the good cuts and give you hamburger from some other animal to make up for the weight of the good cuts. True or not? I really have no idea but it makes sense. Could you turn a tenderloin, prime ribs, brisket, etc., into hamburger if you were the butcher?

Is the beef from a cow (like this one) so bad that you wouldn't want to eat it for anything other than hamburger? Educate me
I'd be interested in knowing, too.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Older animals can have a funny taste to them but it also depends on the breed, their diet & stress levels. I’m this case I doubt there will be much wang to the meat but Matt will probably have a more educated opinion/experience with it.

Last edited:

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Older animals can have a funny taste to them but it also depends on the breed, their diet & stress levels. I’m this case I doubt there will be much want to the meat but Matt will probably have a more educated opinion/experience with it.

Interesting. What do they do with all of the "older" beef? Hamburger?

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Interesting. What do they do with all of the "older" beef? Hamburger?
Usually but it probably all depends on the facility. We got some hamburger from a neighbor that came from a cow that broke her leg & went straight to the locker. He had it all made into burger, I couldn’t hardly choke it down. About as nasty as a grass fed butcher calf.
Different grasses will make a big difference on flavor also. If all they are getting is fescue I think that makes for funky taste. Some legumes will change things up & make for better flavor. We don’t have much Bluestem around here but I have heard it packs a nutritional wallop at a certain stage which will help with flavor, molasses mineral tubs help also. At least from the folks I have heard talk about it.