High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On my way to work. Gotta love to hose 2am calls for emergency repairs. We’ll keep the lights on for ya! Glad to see you made it safely home Jason! See you soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After twenty or so minutes of run & cut time the Alpina pumps 150. [emoji3526]

Not bad for what looked to be a junk cylinder.

83dfb8d5aea30acfc20402a61c4f99e8.jpg

We learned not to write off a shabby cylinder.

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've seen XL12's a lot worse and run excellent.
I remember Coby had, or still has, an XL101 I think. It's compression was so low it almost didn't have compression. He'd pull it up to the compression stroke and pop it through on that one stroke, maybe 6 inches of rope used, and that thing would start every time.
That was truly an amazing saw.
:)

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When you get down to it, the oldies Homelite, Remington, Poulan and Pioneer had vertical ring locator pins and the normal ring end gap was .070”.

They pumped 140 ish and ran just fine.

A lot more A/F escape area than those few scratch’s in the Alpina cylinder amount to.

MACHINE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A guy brought me a straight gassed blower , about 50 psi was it , I told him let's try to start it and run the thing hard as hell for a full tank without shutting it off ..

Liked to never got it started .

1 full tank later 135 to 150 psi .

He says runs as well as ever .

Lucky I guess

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

cobey

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've seen XL12's a lot worse and run excellent.
I remember Coby had, or still has, an XL101 I think. It's compression was so low it almost didn't have compression. He'd pull it up to the compression stroke and pop it through on that one stroke, maybe 6 inches of rope used, and that thing would start every time.
That was truly an amazing saw.
:)
Yep it's in my shead, still ran last time
I tried

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A guy brought me a straight gassed blower , about 50 psi was it , I told him let's try to start it and run the thing hard as hell for a full tank without shutting it off ..

Liked to never got it started .

1 full tank later 135 to 150 psi .

He says runs as well as ever .

Lucky I guess

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Ring finally scraped the transfer off the cylinder..

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m sure glad tomorrow starts a new week, this one has been kind of a costly drag. The ECM crapped out on the truck on the way to the ethanol plant, I figure by the the time it’s all said & done it will be in the $6k range: service call, towing, ECM & truck wire harness, programming. At least the parts were available.
A local shop replaced the harness & ECM but they aren’t a Cat shop so I have to take it to Peterbilt for all the programming, codes & parameters to be set.

I went over to get the old International to put under the grain trailer & it had a sliced tire, so 2 tires & $900 later it’s ready to roll.

Along with Dad falling off the 2166, the water pump went out on it last night. It and dad were up going again today though.

My brother hit a stump with the draper head on his combine, I’m hopeful it’s just some parts but he thinks he bent it. It’s making the 1-1/4hour trip tomorrow to the dealer for analysis/repair on Monday.

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m sure glad tomorrow starts a new week, this one has been kind of a costly drag. The ECM crapped out on the truck on the way to the ethanol plant, I figure by the the time it’s all said & done it will be in the $6k range: service call, towing, ECM & truck wire harness, programming. At least the parts were available.
A local shop replaced the harness & ECM but they aren’t a Cat shop so I have to take it to Peterbilt for all the programming, codes & parameters to be set.

I went over to get the old International to put under the grain trailer & it had a sliced tire, so 2 tires & $900 later it’s ready to roll.

Along with Dad falling off the 2166, the water pump went out on it last night. It and dad were up going again today though.

My brother hit a stump with the draper head on his combine, I’m hopeful it’s just some parts but he thinks he bent it. It’s making the 1-1/4hour trip tomorrow to the dealer for analysis/repair on Monday.
You have had an expensive and frustrating week

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Ouch..

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only question remaining is while they are hooked up to the ECM is do I have them turn I up. It’s set at 475hp now, the torque specs on the transmission are rated for 550. I am liking the thought of mo powah. I am thinking 525, if I go to 550 & something chits the bed I will be whizzed off & also never hear the end of it.