High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So today I saw the weirdest thing I've ever seen a tree do. A few months back, a guy I work with, asked if I could help him cut down a cedar tree that got struck by lightning and it was pretty rotten before it got struck. This is the second struck tree in a row and the only 2 I've ever seen in real life. It wasn't bad as far as size, 25 foot tall and I had a whole yard to lay it in

So I finally had the time to get to it and when I pulled in the yard, I looked at it and the whole crown was literally twisting back and forth, probably 30 to 45 degrees at the most. It wasn't rocking, but twisting, I'd never seen anything like that before. I'd guess a quarter of the tree had a rolled in crease, if that makes sense, so only about 3/4 of the tree was round and the that huge rotted crevice was about a 1/4 of the diameter. There was a very distinct crack from that crevice, up about 15 to 20 ft and then a foot around the diameter there was another crack that went up about 15 foot.

I ended up wrapping a chain around the tree about 8 ft up, so it wouldn't split on me and barber chair and had a rope up higher tied to his pickup, since his house was about 10 behind the tree. As I did my face cut, there was about 1 inch to 2 inches worth of solid wood around the outer edge, but the rest was basically balsa wood consistency and the horrible rotten dust that happens with rotten trees.

It was uneventful, thankfully and there weren't any mishaps, but 2 inches is all the thicker any good wood was all the way around the tree. It's by far the most rotten, sketchy tree I've ever fell.

Has anyone else ever seen a tree that would twist in the wind like that? I'm sure this isn't the first one to be like this, but it's the only time I've ever seen a tree do that.

I found it interesting, so I thought I'd share the experience.

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So today I saw the weirdest thing I've ever seen a tree do. A few months back, a guy I work with, asked if I could help him cut down a cedar tree that got struck by lightning and it was pretty rotten before it got struck. This is the second struck tree in a row and the only 2 I've ever seen in real life. It wasn't bad as far as size, 25 foot tall and I had a whole yard to lay it in

So I finally had the time to get to it and when I pulled in the yard, I looked at it and the whole crown was literally twisting back and forth, probably 30 to 45 degrees at the most. It wasn't rocking, but twisting, I'd never seen anything like that before. I'd guess a quarter of the tree had a rolled in crease, if that makes sense, so only about 3/4 of the tree was round and the that huge rotted crevice was about a 1/4 of the diameter. There was a very distinct crack from that crevice, up about 15 to 20 ft and then a foot around the diameter there was another crack that went up about 15 foot.

I ended up wrapping a chain around the tree about 8 ft up, so it wouldn't split on me and barber chair and had a rope up higher tied to his pickup, since his house was about 10 behind the tree. As I did my face cut, there was about 1 inch to 2 inches worth of solid wood around the outer edge, but the rest was basically balsa wood consistency and the horrible rotten dust that happens with rotten trees.

It was uneventful, thankfully and there weren't any mishaps, but 2 inches is all the thicker any good wood was all the way around the tree. It's by far the most rotten, sketchy tree I've ever fell.

Has anyone else ever seen a tree that would twist in the wind like that? I'm sure this isn't the first one to be like this, but it's the only time I've ever seen a tree do that.

I found it interesting, so I thought I'd share the experience.
I have seen the rot on some oak but never cedar. I actually have a couple oaks that need to be cut down that I think are going bad

MACHINE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have seen the rot on some oak but never cedar. I actually have a couple oaks that need to be cut down that I think are going bad
Old ones get it here most have heart rot and are unusable

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Louie B

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
our rural electrical coop here will drop the tree if within range of the lines for free....but cleanup is on the landowner. They even brought out a dozer to pull one over just behind the house.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
our rural electrical coop here will drop the tree if within range of the lines for free....but cleanup is on the landowner. They even brought out a dozer to pull one over just behind the house.
^^this^^^

Make a phone call and they’ll be glad to flop em.
It’s in their best interest..

Cat 525

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
^^this^^^

Make a phone call and they’ll be glad to flop em.
It’s in their best interest..

One electric coop here is really easy to work with. Another one you have to call Kansas City and that's a pain! I usually try to catch the guys at coffee.

MACHINE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What Sthil is this???

Nameplate gone , coil bad, side cover and crank side cover flat ass wore out , but pumps 130 psi

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
1a9f0147dc3d82e34d6c71142c59cb95.jpg
19623e6ab86f98862df9aaaad35bcbb4.jpg