High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
9:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is what I told the homeowner. His response was something like, "I don't care, I hate snakes, let's kill it..."
I don't mind having one in the steer barn, problem is, when they go to eating stuff they shouldn't "and they will", it's time to visit the undertaker..

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dang copperheads are moving in to our area! Don't like that.
1F35627B-B63F-4C1D-8C54-4EB600202FF4.jpeg

I very seldom ever see a Gardner snake around here & I like it that way. Apparently lots of folks are seeing black rat snakes & a few Fox snakes. North of us a around Winterset there are Rattle snakes in the limestone hills & ravines. Maybe even up around @Douglas Ostrander, maybe he can chime in on that.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 247909

I very seldom ever see a Gardner snake around here & I like it that way. Apparently lots of folks are seeing black rat snakes & a few Fox snakes. North of us a around Winterset there are Rattle snakes in the limestone hills & ravines. Maybe even up around @Douglas Ostrander, maybe he can chime in on that.

I'll take a rattler over a copper head.

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only thing I've seen so far at Hootin Holler is a couple of black snakes. Copper Heads and timber Rattlers are not uncommon down here, along with Tarantulas. But those haven't been seen yet.

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 247909

Timber rattlers are pretty, as long as you're out of striking distance which isn't as much distance as you'd think. 3 feet from a coiled snake usually enough. More for a higher comfort level if ya want. In Iron county they rarely get to 5 feet and can't strike much beyond 1/2 their length IIRC
The sharp contrast between the yellow, black a little white is striking lol
Prefer (if I had a choice) getting hit by a copperhead? Rattlesnake venom destroys every type of cell . Muscle, blood, tendon cells loose wall structure IIRC I don't remember all the cells that were listed. Copperhead makes you sick, very sick if you step in a hollow spot, with a nest of babies. Co-worker decades ago, took months for the "just couldn't tell your grass from a hole in the ground " could you? 2 wear off.

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We live on the bluffs by the Mississippi and routinely have Timber Rattlers in July and August. I flattened the front part of one with a barn shovel that was stretched out in the driveway, and another one lit up in the wife's flower bed right behind me. Almost had to change the underwear after that one. We found out that there are dens every 3-4 miles on the bluffs up and down the river on both the MN & WI sides. So now we have a fine mesh fence all around her flower garden and patio towards the woods. Only bad thing about living up on the bluffs.

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only thing I've seen so far at Hootin Holler is a couple of black snakes. Copper Heads and timber Rattlers are not uncommon down here, along with Tarantulas. But those haven't been seen yet.
Keep those black snakes around and you may not see copper heads or rattlers

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've frequently seen a couple of black snakes around the house. Tammi has realized that she needs to look twice before picking up our black garden hoses. The other day, we had three "hoses" where there supposed to be two but one of them slithered away. [emoji54] Got a 4 footer and a 2 footer hanging around.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk
ill take em

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Timber rattlers are pretty, as long as you're out of striking distance which isn't as much distance as you'd think. 3 feet from a coiled snake usually enough. More for a higher comfort level if ya want. In Iron county they rarely get to 5 feet and can't strike much beyond 1/2 their length IIRC
The sharp contrast between the yellow, black a little white is striking lol
Prefer (if I had a choice) getting hit by a copperhead? Rattlesnake venom destroys every type of cell . Muscle, blood, tendon cells loose wall structure IIRC I don't remember all the cells that were listed. Copperhead makes you sick, very sick if you step in a hollow spot, with a nest of babies. Co-worker decades ago, took months for the "just couldn't tell your grass from a hole in the ground " could you? 2 wear off.

Very true on the venom but the rattlesnake will at least give you a warning.

I was morel hunting a few years back on the Kaw River and saw a copperhead slithering for its life from a bull snake.

I raffed.

Last edited:

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning midlanders!

Power co. finally came by and cleared pine tree from our power feed. Weather head has a 20deg bend to it. [emoji90]

Gutter is messed up, hail damage to the roof, north wood fence wrecked and a now dangerous tree standing in the yard. [emoji3525]

We halted clean up efforts until the insurance guy looks it over.

We did use our pole saw (thanks Matt!!) and our ever faithful J-red 510(ish) mutt. (Wire for a choke handle and no kill switch.) Cleaned stuff up enuf one can asses damage.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning midlanders!

Power co. finally came by and cleared pine tree from our power feed. Weather head has a 20deg bend to it. [emoji90]

Gutter is messed up, hail damage to the roof, north wood fence wrecked and a now dangerous tree standing in the yard. [emoji3525]

We did use our pole saw (thanks Matt!!) and our ever faithful J-red 510(ish) mutt. (Wire for a choke handle and no kill switch.) Cleaned stuff up enuf one can asses damage.
How big of a storm was it?

News mentioned nothing... they’re useless.

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning midlanders!

Let me know when you need help with the rest hope they get there soon.

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
8bcfbcf075b3884c8a03aab7f7c53f7f.jpg

AC unit was spared along with the garden window.

319a68e77f359f4c39bd1e69163702d0.jpg

Last edited:

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve found nothing for the max wind speed Saturday morning.[emoji19]

Callen is writing up a formal estimate for the pine removal. [emoji106] He will have to rent a lift.

And, my neighbor Jeff offered to replace the north fence.

It all depends on what is covered by insurance.

I will offer Callen two grandkids and a geezer to work as groundies. We can load trailer.