High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Took step one on getting the vet back on the road. Connected up my battery charger. [emoji1696] It’s set for seven years.

Amp meter didn’t move for quite awhile but finally showing 1 1/2 amp.

Battery was new when I parked it.

[emoji1696][emoji1696][emoji1696]
Keep the charger on it. Chances are its sulphated but I've had very good luck with a slow (2-6 amp) charge after it. It can take up to a couple of weeks, but eventually the sulpher will come out of the plates and back into the water.

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll pick up trickle chargers at flea markets and use them as battery maintainers. A basic 2-6 amp charger (you can find them almost everywhere) can be left on a battery indefinitely and not hurt the plates.

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The least I've gotten out of a vehicle battery is 7 years, the most was 15. One thing I do that helps is once or twice a year, I'll put a battery charger on a vehicle for 24 hours.
A lot of folks, with a run down battery, is jump start the vehicle and let the alternator charge it back up. Alternators are not made to charge a dead battery. They are made to top up the battery from starting the engine and then run all the electrics on the vehicle while driving. While Alternators nowadays are in the 130-150 amp range, it shortens their life span, by a lot, if they are maxed out charging a dead battery.
My son's Bronco 2 has one of those big thumping stereos in it. Which requires a LOT of power. So much power that he has a deep cycle battery in it just to run the amplifier and 2 15 inch sub woofers. He bought a special built 200 amp alternator to handle the load. He has had zero problems with his setup.
:)

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dr said I need to do resistance training, as in lifting weights. (Heavy things as I understand it.) I've got a dozen, or so, 30+ inch oak rounds that needed splitting. To be fair, I hooked up the lift on my splitter. It got the rounds up onto the table, from there I wrestled those heavy bastards around as the splitter split them.
I reckon that counts, doesn't it?

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have to brag a little bit. Since finding out I was type 2 diabetic, last fall, I've had to change my eating habits. A lot. It was a real struggle and by the 1st of March I still weighed 230 lbs. Things had to change. I've since started cutting back to more reasonable size meals. My evening meal was always the biggest. I mean BIG. That has stopped. Weighed myself this morning. 196 lbs.
When Goldie and I got married I weighed 125 lbs. (40 years ago) I'll be happy if I can get to 170 lbs.
Daylight savings time has helped. I'm outside working around the house until
about 8pm every night.

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dr said I need to do resistance training, as in lifting weights. (Heavy things as I understand it.) I've got a dozen, or so, 30+ inch oak rounds that needed splitting. To be fair, I hooked up the lift on my splitter. It got the rounds up onto the table, from there I wrestled those heavy bastards around as the splitter split them.
I reckon that counts, doesn't it?
IMHO it does but it's different in the exercise equipment focus on a specific muscle group. My wrestling with wood is randomly using differing areas of muscle trying to move that sob.
Speaking of which $9 got 2 com-a-longs at the second auction yesterday. So can cheat from actual excesses of effort.
Congrats @Workshop if you'd like any back I've got some extra that I am willing to share:pancarta:

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have to brag a little bit. Since finding out I was type 2 diabetic, last fall, I've had to change my eating habits. A lot. It was a real struggle and by the 1st of March I still weighed 230 lbs. Things had to change. I've since started cutting back to more reasonable size meals. My evening meal was always the biggest. I mean BIG. That has stopped. Weighed myself this morning. 196 lbs.
When Goldie and I got married I weighed 125 lbs. (40 years ago) I'll be happy if I can get to 170 lbs.
Daylight savings time has helped. I'm outside working around the house until
about 8pm every night.
Keep excercising and eat lots of protein..
That way you won’t lose muscle as you’re losing pounds. Get rid of the carbs whenever you can.

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Keep excercising and eat lots of protein..
That way you won’t lose muscle as you’re losing pounds. Get rid of the carbs whenever you can.
I learned in the hospital that each meal couldn't be more than 60 carbs, which turned out to be high for me. I feel better holding it to between 30-40 carbs or less per meal. I also found a "sport" drink that I think has helped me a lot. Power Aid Zero. 32 oz bottle has 2.5 carbs. I drink 2 a day along with Chrystal light in the evenings.

Cat 525

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have had type 1 for 34 yrs! Exercise and staying active is the best! And counting carbs you bet! If you can get a Dexcom sensor that sure save a lot of pokes! If you ever want to talk about it or chainsaws just pm me! Thanks and good luck with it!

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I learned in the hospital that each meal couldn't be more than 60 carbs, which turned out to be high for me. I feel better holding it to between 30-40 carbs or less per meal. I also found a "sport" drink that I think has helped me a lot. Power Aid Zero. 32 oz bottle has 2.5 carbs. I drink 2 a day along with Chrystal light in the evenings.
Try 15 carbs or less...

It might agree with you..

Then you can have cheat days..

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning, Gentlemen!
My wife has me on low carbs. I am not real strict with it, but eat way less of them than I used to.
It has allowed me to keep wearing my clothes that had been shrinking so bad. :rolleyes:
It works..
Carbohydrates are awesome fuel. Problem is, most adults just don’t need as many as what are available to us in this well fed country.
Kids can normally use more due to high growth rate, but still benefit from more protein and calcium rich diet. Makes bigger, more durable skeletal structure..