High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
6:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went and looked at a m715 today. Long story to this one I've been tring to buy it for about 15 years guy never would sell it so gonna do what I can to save it I'm thnkn with a set of 44s and a cummins with the 5.87 gears itll be an awesome firewood truck. Truck has 2400 original miles. Might even add a dump bed to it.
7d9fdff670a2aae2506ed4dc70e2de00.jpg
c94f5109f8fd6a6fc3e0e3e1ac25fd4b.jpg
6927bebc5078a2f4cf557ccea9058736.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
5.87 seem pretty low, gonna run 54s?

Good morning y'all. I have a Stihl 461 engine. Will it bolt in to the 460 or 046 chassis or do I have to find a 461 chassis?
You'll have to find 461 cases. Will both those saws are in the 1128 series the 461 only share some external smalls with the the other chassis.

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tractor advice needed.
Pulled a real bonehead move the other day. Was running the Cub to check the charging system. Got done, shut it off and figured to come back later and put the can back on the exhaust stack.
Forgot .
And it rained.
What's a good procedure to take to purge any water from it. I figured on pulling the plugs and cranking it over and blow it out the plug holes. Check the oil to see off any got in there, change if needed . Then put the plugs back in and fire it up.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tractor advice needed.
Pulled a real bonehead move the other day. Was running the Cub to check the charging system. Got done, shut it off and figured to come back later and put the can back on the exhaust stack.
Forgot .
And it rained.
What's a good procedure to take to purge any water from it. I figured on pulling the plugs and cranking it over and blow it out the plug holes. Check the oil to see off any got in there, change if needed . Then put the plugs back in and fire it up.
After you crank it over, shoot some WD-40 down in those cylinders and crank it over some more.

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tractor advice needed.
Forgot .
And it rained.
Thats about it if it didnt sit too long like that you'll be fine. If there is rust a little oil down the hole to whirl over b4 tring to fire again might need new plugs have to see how the fire. Just onto hydrolock it and you'll be just fine.

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After they changed their shorts, maybe they just got back in the truck and headed to the house.
Nope I'm out here helping him this morning and I cut down about a 30" gum with the 655 no probs he says well I'll cut this little one don while you get that one. Here is his "hinge" needless to say it went sideways. That's an angled down cut from front and back no wedge cut out. Eeek!
0bddb612b132954ce685989903c45862.jpg

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tractor advice needed.
Forgot .
And it rained.
Spray some WD 40 in the plug wholes. Turn it over repeat several times.

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
5.87 seem pretty low, gonna run 54s?

You'll have to find 461 cases. Will both those saws are in the 1128 series the 461 only share some external smalls with the the other chassis.
I'll run 54s if I can find em. You got a set you wanna part with?! ;)

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spray some WD 40 in the plug wholes. Turn it over repeat several times.
It just happened yesterday. I'll work on it this evening when I get home. 0213191805.jpg
As you can see, it has a chrome stack that turns at the top. While it's not a straight Verticle open it still has a bit that rain could get in if from the right direction.
New front tires and tubes are supposed to arrive today for it.
Once I get the storage shelter up I won't have to keep a tarp over it.

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also going to look at a huge blow down oak supposed to be 3-4' across and has a big walnut as well suppose to be pretty large we will see when I get there in the am.

Hey !!! Want some milled slabs with an education in milling at the same ¿time? No charge whatsoever my friend. Wood the 50" bar be enough or shall I pack the 60" setup? Start off 42" set and proceed?
My back has gotten so much improved:) I may be able to do a good 1/2 days work again

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It just happened yesterday. I'll work on it this evening when I get home. View attachment 170660
As you can see, it has a chrome stack that turns at the top. While it's not a straight Verticle open it still has a bit that rain could get in if from the right direction.
New front tires and tubes are supposed to arrive today for it.
Once I get the storage shelter up I won't have to keep a tarp over it.

Cut the bend off & put a flapper on it.