High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I worked on a custom cutting crew back in 1976 and worked in South and North Dakota.
Nothing up there to hide behind to get out of the wind. Except a barb wire fence.
Don't know about now, but nothing then.
Nothing.
Nada.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like Levi and I will be taking a trip this Friday to beautiful and sunny, Mitchell, South Dakota..

That aught to be interesting...

And cold..

And windy.

There is a big Cabela's in Mitchell if you are interested. IIRC, there is a gun collection there that is quite impressive. It's a good place to buy an out of state license to blast a few pheasant too.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I worked on a custom cutting crew back in 1976 and worked in South and North Dakota.
Nothing up there to hide behind to get out of the wind. Except a barb wire fence.
Don't know about now, but nothing then.
Nothing.
Nada.

You got that right, the land of nothing. I went on a pheasant hunt there. While we were there, we went to a ranch to potentially purchase cattle. The rancher said he was 60 miles from a real grocery store. Fuuuuuuuuug that nonsense. How would you like to drive to Joplin to get a gallon of milk and forget the eggs?

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sam texted me earlier, Muskogee High School is on lockdown, as a precaution. The police were in a high speed chase, about 1/4 mile from the HS, the suspected criminal (armed I might add) ditches his car and takes off running in the area of the HS. The Muskogee PD cannot find the jack wagon so they locked the school down as a precaution.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You got that right, the land of nothing. I went on a pheasant hunt there. While we were there, we went to a ranch to potentially purchase cattle. The rancher said he was 60 miles from a real grocery store. Fuuuuuuuuug that nonsense. How would you like to drive to Joplin to get a gallon of milk and forget the eggs?

You raise your own chickens silly.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sam texted me earlier, Muskogee High School is on lockdown, as a precaution. The police were in a high speed chase, about 1/4 mile from the HS, the suspected criminal (armed I might add) ditches his car and takes off running in the area of the HS. The Muskogee PD cannot find the jack wagon so they locked the school down as a precaution.

I hope they beat down the scumbag

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well...

You'd only do it once..

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You raise your own chickens silly.

No kidding. I guess you raise everything possible: pigs, dairy cows, make your own butter, make your own bread, raise your own vegetables. I'd starve to death or eat lots of beef and drink lots of water.

Is it even possible to raise chickens in SD? You're going to need a heated barn to do it, or some mighty hardy chickens?

Last edited:

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No kidding. I guess you raise everything possible: pigs, dairy cows, make your own butter, make your own bread, raise your own vegetables. I'd starve to death or eat lots of beef and drink lots of water.

Is it even possible to raise chickens in SD? You're going to need a heated barn to do it, or some mighty hardy chickens?
If I'm doing chores up there every day, It's gonna be in a barn of some sorts.