High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Snagged off sawhawgz:
26137baacd319e31c167751f85ee826e.jpg

teacherman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had 13 on the truck thermometer at 5 .
Good morning!
My 30 year old furnace has not run the past two days. The wood burner I placed under the trunk line has kept the whole house at about 73˚ consistently, even over night. It functions as a gravity furnace using the forced air ductwork. I leave the basement door open to function as a cold air return, but I plan to connect the intake on the woodburner's shroud directly to the furnace's return.
One unintended occurrence was that when I got home from a meeting last night, the furnace fan was going, even though it was turned off at the thermostat. Turns out the plenum got warm enough that the limit switch turned the fan on, which, unfortunately, does not work well with this system, forcing air in reverse down through the woodburner shroud rather than to the whole house. I have a removeable steel panel I use to separate the woodburner from the trunk line when I want to use the furnace, such as tomorrow when I finally make my way into the woods in search of deer. My hunting buddy has been too busy to go this year, and I relate to that in previous years.

Take care, be warm.

teacherman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I heard last night that somehow a certain part of KC was predicted to get down to -1˚ overnight. It was 19 out this morning, and the house a quiet 73˚. I think the stove heats the house more evenly than the forced air. I like this.

The unit is a Ram, the name is cast into the door of the iron stove. Seems a good unit, with steel fins on the sides, and a lift hook on top, which is good because it is so heavy. A galvanized shroud with an angle iron base structure. It is working better than I could have expected.