HOMELITE Homelite Thread

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mere trash, send it to me and I will properly dispose of the dangerous, non-safety braked menace. Or trade it for a brand shiny new ms 291 cause I'm told, they's more betterer. Very nice hard to find saw there Frank.

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hear a muffler mod and slight timing advance really wakes em up. And parts are everywhere.

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would like some input fellows. A friend of mine is looking for a bigger saw for tree work, he has a nice SP81 now with a 36" bar but will run into a challenge from time to time requiring a bigger saw. He has located a pair of 1130 Automatic saws, one with a 42" bar, both run. What would be a fair value for those saws understanding he will put them to work?

Mark

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Work backwards from the value of the bars and chains to what it would cost to service the powerheads into reliable work saws and make an offer from there. You know how the mechanical variables factor in as well as anyone. Maybe the seller does, too.

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would like some input fellows. A friend of mine is looking for a bigger saw for tree work, he has a nice SP81 now with a 36" bar but will run into a challenge from time to time requiring a bigger saw. He has located a pair of 1130 Automatic saws, one with a 42" bar, both run. What would be a fair value for those saws understanding he will put them to work?

Mark
Mark, I would guess $450 -$850 depending on condition and what chain is on them. A fresh 1/2" chisel chain may be worth as much as the saw. Also if used commercially, they don't have a chain brake so OSHA & insurance?

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Don & Poge - They have been repainted at the least, very clean looking but the seller is asking $900 for the pair. While it is not out of line for a collector, probably not a good choice for someone intending to use them hard. This particular individual is basically a one man sawyer operation so saw safety is not an issue for him.

Mark

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whats up with the Stihls,on the block or personal projects?
I might be interested in them