• Honda hp2

Results are only viewable after voting.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
1:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I've used super technoplate for many years, every klotz bottle I've seen says for liquid or air-cooled.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
2:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a metal screen 026 filter but it can't filter much. Very open
I've got one like that on my 028S. Wonder if there's one like the old jreds and huskies had. Plastic mesh, see through almost

Ron660

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Go with 800 off-road. I'm on my 3rd liter. It's probably the cleanest burning you'll ever use with super protection. I use it in all my saws with 93 non-E fuel....stock and ported.

Ron660

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
800 is clean cause it doesn't burn until you have a saw really loaded.
If that's the case, Klotz R-50 and Super Techniplate would also not be a good choice for firewood cutting (felling, bucking, and occasional noodling) since they have higher viscosities than 800 off-road. I'm sure most members don't mill and put that extreme load on their saw. I do noodle most every time I go cutting though. Reviewing tech sheets, 800 off-road has nearly double the film strength as stihl ultra. I'll stay with 800 since the inside of my 660 still looks new after three years of use.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
2:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a metal screen 026 filter but it can't filter much. Very open
Cause you don't have THE metal screen filter Jason, you probably have the flocked filter with the coarse metal screen as the framework to hold the flocking on. You're just short on flocking.

As for oil and esters:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/esters-in-synthetic-lubricants/

So an ester is the reaction of an acid on an alcohol. They're mostly artificial flavors and scents, but in this case, they are making an ester from a long hydrocarbon and producing a synthetic lubricant.

I use Motul800. I don't run saws as much as you guys do. I used to use Royal Purple Syntheic. It would leave a residue after a tank or two, enough to see piston flow marks. With motul, it looks like the saws never been run after 10 tanks.

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If that's the case, Klotz R-50 and Super Techniplate would also not be a good choice for firewood cutting (felling, bucking, and occasional noodling) since they have higher viscosities than 800 off-road. I'm sure most members don't mill and put that extreme load on their saw. I do noodle most every time I go cutting though. Reviewing tech sheets, 800 off-road has nearly double the film strength as stihl ultra. I'll stay with 800 since the inside of my 660 still looks new after three years of use.
No msds or specs will tell how a oil will burn until u run it. Some oils just burn more completely than others