Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
8:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't believe how this site is taking off. For the last few months I've not wanted to talk saws, post pics, threads, etc. It seemed like every thread either ended up deep in the ditch, or mired in an argument. I was ready to walk away from the forums.....

This new site is a clean slate for all of us guys that love the saws, but are sick of the egos. We have a chance to make this site into everything we want a site to be.

Personally, I plan to make this my new home. I'll be doing build threads, sharing ideas, and hopefully I'll be able to learn from the great group of guys that I see here.

I see some of the best saw builders in the business have joined up already. I'm looking forward to being a member of a saw forum for the first time in a long time.

Thanks for showing up, Randy

skippy

Husqvarnas Sawyer
Local time
9:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad to be a part of it buddy .
Anything I can do to help let me know .
Ty
Chris

d.l.d

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Read a lot on the As forum but this is the first forum I've ever been a part of and I'm really enjoying it. So far i like this forum better because i saw a lot of what was just said there. I love saws and I'm looking forward to learning a lot more. Hoping this form stays the way it is so far. Well said randy.

Ron660

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy, thanks for letting me know about this site. I've always been interested in saws since I was a kid watching my Dad cut firewood with his old Homelite. Running chainsaws is in my blood since both my Grandpaws were Loggers.

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My grandpa was a logger, and a Homelite man. My dad used to cut firewood with Grandpa's old xp-1100, and a couple of xl-12's. Sadly, the xp-1100 is long gone...

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't believe how this site is taking off. For the last few months I've not wanted to talk saws, post pics, threads, etc. It seemed like every thread either ended up deep in the ditch, or mired in an argument. I was ready to walk away from the forums.....

This new site is a clean slate for all of us guys that love the saws, but are sick of the egos. We have a chance to make this site into everything we want a site to be.

Personally, I plan to make this my new home. I'll be doing build threads, sharing ideas, and hopefully I'll be able to learn from the great group of guys that I see here.

I see some of the best saw builders in the business have joined up already. I'm looking forward to being a member of a saw forum for the first time in a long time.

Great post Randy, and while I am most definitely not Spike60 or Terry ( anyone seen those guys around?) I hope I can add a dealers perspective and knowledge to the discussion.

Joe

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What everybody else said. I gained some useful info on AS but was tired of the BS. Its good to see members on here who's opinions and ideas I respect and who I feel will do their utmost to help another member! Bravo!!

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great post Randy, and while I am most definitely not Spike60 or Terry ( anyone seen those guys around?) I hope I can add a dealers perspective and knowledge to the discussion.

Joe
What brand you a dealer for?

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hope to learn a lot here.

I couldn't stand the riffraff and crap that went on with build threads.

I'm a newbie, but it got to the point where I stopped posting pics of my port work unless it was needed for an answer.

I'm all for constructive criticism, tell me what I did wrong and why. That's how one learns.

In my last thread about squish, it became apparent that it was more important to fight and argue than it was to actually answer the question I had.

Miller Mod Saws

Chainsaw Masseuse
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Look forward to reading your build threads and learning with you and from you! Hopefully along the way I can add some useful information.

NorthcentralYooper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm glad to have joined as well, hopefully in the event of disagreements we can all respectfully agree to disagree.
I like when other have different ideas, I'm never one to not learn something new . Some guys have different experiences in different fields of expertise so it's good to bump ideas around while keeping it gentleman like.

Jason

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What brand you a dealer for?

eXmark, Husqvarna, RedMax, ECHO, SHINDAIWA, BEAR CAT, TRUCUT, RYAN, Little Wonder, Billy Goat, HONDA, Kawasaki, Kohler, and Briggs and Stratton.

In the past I have worked for dealerships that sold:
STIHL, TORO, SNAPPER, TROY BILT, LESCO, JOHN DEERE, and WALKER
So I have some experience with a lot of the major brands, ten years in the OPE business.

Joe

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
eXmark, Husqvarna, RedMax, ECHO, SHINDAIWA, BEAR CAT, TRUCUT, RYAN, Little Wonder, Billy Goat, HONDA, Kawasaki, Kohler, and Briggs and Stratton.

In the past I have worked for dealerships that sold:
STIHL, TORO, SNAPPER, TROY BILT, LESCO, JOHN DEERE, and WALKER
So I have some experience with a lot of the major brands, ten years in the OPE business.

Joe
Nice so we can get husky parts from you.