High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Has Anyone Here Ever Bought A Saw From Kenny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
3:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kenny has been hitting up people for awhile in messages, completely unsolicited btw, offering to port saws. That has been reported to myself and other moderators here. I let it go for awhile, figuring it was harmless. Then he mentioned saws he had for sale. X amount of money stock, or 300.00 more ported. I, nor anyone else has seen or ran any saw he has ported...ever. So, taken as a whole, it doesn't sit well with me at all. But, if you guys think I'm being unreasonable, then maybe I am.

But...the rest of us pay sponsorship fees. We don't sneak around the system. That will never be something I can overlook.
100% on the fees. If he's going to be one of the porters he needs to pay up.

I'm in full agreement. If Ken wants to port saws and sell his work, let him become a sponsor here just like every other builder or seller. Even our full time parts guys are sponsors.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
6:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Need to see his abilities first before buying himself in. I'm skeptical of said abilities
I'm not saying im not skeptical. He seems to talk a lot of bs but I'm also not going to automatically condemn him. It is odd though, very odd, that he never brings a saw to the GTG that he's ported. Ive ported one. Clammy. I'm bringing it to Kevin's gtg for guys to beat on. And I'm not planning on ever being a saw porter.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
4:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tell him to knock it off or pay up. If he doesn’t, kick him in the sack.

And harassing people to buy saws is just annoying. Not surprised he didn’t get very far with that.

His porting will sink or swim on it’s merits eventually. He does contribute interesting content.

Agent Smith

Hack of all trades
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not saying im not skeptical. He seems to talk a lot of bs but I'm also not going to automatically condemn him. It is odd though, very odd, that he never brings a saw to the GTG that he's ported. Ive ported one. Clammy. I'm bringing it to Kevin's gtg for guys to beat on. And I'm not planning on ever being a saw porter.
I've also noticed he's been mia since randy called him out so I feel that means something. Was it hurt feelers or did he get called out before anything shady happened so he ran? Idk. I don't know much. Im not the boss. I've ported saws for myself and some friends. Shown my work here before. Nothing exciting. Never tried to touch anyone's saw here. If I make it to a gtg one day, I'll bring my junk for others to run

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
3:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Everytime I drag something like this into the light, I wind up taking a mess of heat for doing it. It makes me wonder why I bother.
Like I tell the intelligent people I meet, "Bup bup bup, put that in caveman talk 'cause I'm not gettin your point." All's you gotta do is show us everything. The NSP bit makes me think he got pissed and he acted like a dik, but whether it was "righteous indignation" or not is still up in the air. If I was friends with a guy for years and all of a sudden I think he's treating me like a random con man I'd be pissed too. But, his disappearing and lack of shared ported saws has me questioning stuff. Do I think his behavior is odd? Yes, but so are his posts. If he pulls a vanishing act, I'll figger he's a con man. If he posts up some super-duper saws he's ported, or he brings a few to gtg's, I'll figure he was just ticked. I'd be really suspicious, but I don't want to jump to conclusions after seeing the whole "Simonized Saws"(I think) ordeal on AS. He was majorly dumped on by everybody and called a scam because he wouldn't post up vids of his saws "ergo, he must be a scam artist who doesn't actually build hot saws", but it turned out he built some pretty hot saws and just didn't want to post up videos.

Either way, I appreciate you looking out for us. Right or wrong, your actions are intended to protect us and I do appreciate it.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think its fair to be a little preemptive on this subject, with the countless people who have been taken for a ride on the "saw porting" see (Oreilly).
Strange behavior and lack of sales record would make me suspicious and the threads where people are punked out of their saw or receive junk are quite a few . Its no sweat off my ass to prove or show the work I do in my job or be above board with it, and it should be expected of others, before butt hurt starts or a thread about how so and so got taken.
Red flags are red flags and the Moderators are looking out for the members, I'm cool with that.

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where is Kenny anyway? must be busy pulling all the knives out of his back lol not that I even care if he can or can't port a top fueler lol
If someone "a grown man" can't do some research on who is legit with a proven reputation (there are plenty on OPE) to port their saw I got no sympathy when the tears flow if things go south. Best to man up and own one's decisions good or bad am sure Mastermind is a busy man too busy to be fixing everyone's bad decisions me thinks.
Not saying that would or wouldn't happen with Kenny I don't know anything about him can't understand a thing he says lol

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just to clarify one thing.

I have never thought of Kenny as a con artist, or a crook. I still don't. I really don't think he would intentionally rip off anyone. I just don't like the way he's been going about things here. When I called him out I fully expected him to get pissed, and post up some pictures of tools, and offer some explanations. He did far less than I hoped he would. I have no interest in banning him, but I'd rather him not offer to do porting, or rebuilding. I figure he probably can widen an exhaust port, and knock a few holes in a muffler, after all, it ain't rocket science. But...if he really wants to make a go at doing saws for people, he's gonna have to do it like everyone else. He needs to do some build threads. Make some videos. Bring saws he did to gtgs. The way he has gone about all this is not gonna fly....not past me. I remember him being Naked Arborist over on ArboristSite years ago. Same stuff. Lots of talk, no proof. Like I said, I've known Kenny for years. After awhile I just stopped taking him seriously. If he really wants to be taken seriously, the ball is in his court.

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Everytime I drag something like this into the light, I wind up taking a mess of heat for doing it. It makes me wonder why I bother.
Admin arsz aches. Glad I read this thread also. Keep up the monitoring Boss. Thx.

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He disappears occasionally, wait a day or 2.

Maybe he's asking ayoungtexan what not to do after being called out. ;)
Was ayt banned or something? Haven’t seen him lately.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was ayt banned or something? Haven’t seen him lately.

Yes. Three times actually.

Turns out he wasn't honest at all. Pictures he posted weren't his....tales he told weren't true. He got called out a few weeks ago by a member who had a keen eye for detail. Rather than reply to the accusations, he started a new account. That's where it all came to a head really. Then, for good measure, he tried starting yet another account.....

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
pretty much every guy who does saw work for $ on here was well established by doing saws for themselves, bringin em to gtg’s and havin others run em, or showing some before and after vids or somethin. thats how a guy gets started, proving that they can not only do the work, but do it well and stand behind it. i dont think its unreasonable, or biased, or rude or whatever for randy to make people aware, thats his job, especially after all the people that have gotten burned and we’ve all pitched in to get them a saw done right (not saying kenny would intentionally, ive met him, hes cool, but thats not the point). the best thing for ken to do is start grindin, start postin vids, so guys can see what he can do. if somebody wants to have work done, they should go right ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.