High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Has Anyone Here Ever Bought A Saw From Kenny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
9:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've explained this situation every possible way I can. If you don't understand by now, you never will.

I dunno if you meant it that way or not, but that comes off kinda rude and insulting. I’m just trying to understand.

I mean...if he didn’t actually rip anyone off...all I see is lots of talk and not a lot of do. Like he just needs to prove himself. Maybe there’s something I don’t know. Is there a rule about not competing with existing porters or not selling if or unless XYZ?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
11:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dunno if you meant it that way or not, but that comes off kinda rude and insulting. I’m just trying to understand.

I mean...if he didn’t actually rip anyone off...all I see is lots of talk and not a lot of do. Like he just needs to prove himself. Maybe there’s something I don’t know. Is there a rule about not competing with existing porters or not selling if or unless XYZ?

I've just ran out of ways to explain this. Did you read this entire thread?

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
12:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I’m understanding right...

A fella suggests buying a saw from Kenny, or having him port a saw, to prove or disprove Kenny’s ability to do so and Randy will swing the ol’ hammer cutting Kenny down before a chance for any kind of verdict on whether the man can or can’t port a saw...

Seems rather biased, as if one’s mind is already made up, and this thread is more of a farewell and funeral than anything else.

Maybe I’m way off base and my hat is on bakkerds, but I just can’t seem to come up with any other reason he would be banned before being given a chance.

I know better than to involve myself in this, yet here I am...

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I’m understanding right...

A fella suggests buying a saw from Kenny, or having him port a saw, to prove or disprove Kenny’s ability to do so and Randy will swing the ol’ hammer cutting Kenny down before a chance for any kind of verdict on whether the man can or can’t port a saw...

Seems rather biased, as if one’s mind is already made up, and this thread is more of a farewell and funeral than anything else.

Maybe I’m way off base and my hat is on bakkerds, but I just can’t seem to come up with any other reason he would be banned before being given a chance.

I know better than to involve myself in this, yet here I am...

I get what you are saying.

And respect you for saying it. Although I seriously doubt you have read everything that is pertinent to this, I'll just get outta the way here.

You fellas buy whatever you want from whoever you want.

I'm over it.

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you have cards, play them Randy.

I’ve met and shook hands with all 3 members I referenced. I know with the intimacy of face to face interaction, this would be going down differently.

I guess to summarize my point, Kenny’s a long standing member here, probably one of the longest.
Sure, he’s weird and covers the sauce pot, but
he ain’t been cut down yet by his own doings, why do we need to step in and do so?

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've just ran out of ways to explain this. Did you read this entire thread?
I have no dog in this. I don't know Kenny outside of ope. I've read the entire thread and what transpired in NSP. My question is this, how is he supposed to demonstrate his ability or lack there of to you and the other members if he can't sell a saw here? Now, I 100 % agree he shouldn't be PMing peeps soliciting port work when the known legitimate saw builders actually pay to advertise here. That behavior is a run around the system in my opinion and not fair to those following the rules. I take issue with that. I guess we could do a group chip in to get a Kenny ported saw? Already suggested by Stump in a round about way. Have the heavy hitters run it? I don't know. Im trying to find a solution that may work for everyone. I get you've had some dirty lying thieves selling work here in the past so you are on edge about him and his way of conversating.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
9:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get what you are saying.

And respect you for saying it. Although I seriously doubt you have read everything that is pertinent to this, I'll just get outta the way here.

You fellas buy whatever you want from whoever you want.

I'm over it.
I'm a bit confused too, outside of this thread where would I find the other pertinent articles to read? All this thread has told me is Kenny wants $300.00 to port a saw, but no one on here has actually seen or run a saw ported by him. I know a guy that has built some friggin' phenomenal race saws, but outside of maybe half a dozen or so local dudes no one has heard of him. That doesn't mean his saws aren't good saws, he just hasn't had any publicity. Maybe it's the same thing with Kenny. Maybe he is trying to pull a scam. I dunno, but I'd at least give him the benefit of the doubt once. If he takes the guy's money and runs, I'd ban his ass no two ways about it. If he puts out a decent saw, I'd let things progress but still keep an eye on him for a little while longer.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kenny has been hitting up people for awhile in messages, completely unsolicited btw, offering to port saws. That has been reported to myself and other moderators here. I let it go for awhile, figuring it was harmless. Then he mentioned saws he had for sale. X amount of money stock, or 300.00 more ported. I, nor anyone else has seen or ran any saw he has ported...ever. So, taken as a whole, it doesn't sit well with me at all. But, if you guys think I'm being unreasonable, then maybe I am.

But...the rest of us pay sponsorship fees. We don't sneak around the system. That will never be something I can overlook.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Kenny has been hitting up people for awhile in messages, completely unsolicited btw, offering to port saws. That has been reported to myself and other moderators here. I let it go for awhile, figuring it was harmless. Then he mentioned saws he had for sale. X amount of money stock, or 300.00 more ported. I, nor anyone else has seen or ran any saw he has ported...ever. So, taken as a whole, it doesn't sit well with me at all. But, if you guys think I'm being unreasonable, then maybe I am.

But...the rest of us pay sponsorship fees. We don't sneak around the system. That will never be something I can overlook.
100% on the fees. If he's going to be one of the porters he needs to pay up.

Status
Not open for further replies.