srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
10:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guys, I have 5 of these RA's I had shipping in for Chitown and modified. If you haven't seen these before they only come with a 3mm collet which no one wants. Also the back cap is slightly too small ID to fit on a true Foredom sheath, they'll fit the knock off ones stock. I remedied these issues, and add some nice grippy heat shrink. So they now fit standard 1/8" shank carbide burrs, and fit a true Foredom fine.

IMG_2511.JPG

I've taken these all the way apart and looked at them before, the bearing are nice and the gears are pretty large. I've also tested one for 2-3 saws, worked fine, no issues. Looking for $100 shipped to the US.

Here is the fixture I made to accurately punch out the collet to 1/8" from 3mm.

IMG_2509.JPG

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are two style you can import, one with a slightly smaller welded head and these ones with a cast aluminum head. I didn't know this until I got these here but the cast head is also a bit cheaper.

It's 0.700" diameter, and 1.105" from top edge to the bottom of the collet. You could round some edges on the head without hurting it if you needed a little extra wiggle room. Here are all the dimensions of the different RA's I've had or have.

IMG_2515.JPG

ManiacalMark

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Robin Wood said they work pretty damn good so I ordered one.

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shawn, are you planning on doing more of these? I'd like to get one.

If these sell out I'll get more coming. Probably opt for the slightly smaller welded head but then the price will go up. I'm out of the little contra RA's right now but I plan on making more. Text or call we'll work something out.

ManiacalMark

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They work well once you get past the collet and back cap bore sizes. So I figured I'd just get some and pre-solve those issues for people who want them.

i found 3mm burrs so I wasnt worried

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
9:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If these sell out I'll get more coming. Probably opt for the slightly smaller welded head but then the price will go up. I'm out of the little contra RA's right now but I plan on making more. Text or call we'll work something out.

I have 4 of the mc182s, so I figured I'd let some guys who "need" one of these get ahead of me....I do want one though. The fact that you fixed the issues they have makes them interesting.

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have 4 of the mc182s, so I figured I'd let some guys who "need" one of these get ahead of me....I do want one though. The fact that you fixed the issues they have makes them interesting.

You know me... always fixing stuff!

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's worth getting a 'gone over' one just so you don't end up with a piece 'o crap out of the box one like I got.
Seems it's a bad bearing, pressed in blind and I haven't got around to figure a way to change it out. Vibrates like crazy and heats up fast...
I then picked up one of the cheaper, slightly bigger ones and while obviously not as refined as a 182, it has been working fine.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
8:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
These are real gems. I love not having the collet exposed at the base of the burr shaft. And the diamond football is a super handy burr. I think I prefer this to my 182.

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
8:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You’re right! My mistake. They’re still really handy though!