High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Small right angle (RA) porting handpieces for Foredom motors.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
2:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone who has purchased one of these handpieces feel free to leave some feedback. Anyone have anything to say about the burr length, should I change them?

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
1:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone who has purchased one of these handpieces feel free to leave some feedback. Anyone have anything to say about the burr length, should I change them?
I really like mine so far. I have only ported three saws since getting it. I haven't found a need thus far to have a different burr length.

Crocky28

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m very impressed with mine. I’ve found the burr lengths spot on so far. I actually prefer it to my 90. I feel the contra angle is better to work with. Just a personal preference I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckin-wood

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So far so good here. I've touched up a cross 660 and working on a 7900 at the moment. Length seem good. A small ball burr might be handy. In full disclosure I'm new to playing with 2 stroke cylinders, I'm used to cavernous 4v 351c ports. I'm still ironing out technique and what works where.

I did bind the burr in a 7900 upper and the contra head gears survived. Not sure how many times I can get away with that.

Curious where you get that thick heat shrink you use on the handpiece.

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So far so good here. I've touched up a cross 660 and working on a 7900 at the moment. Length seem good. A small ball burr might be handy. In full disclosure I'm new to playing with 2 stroke cylinders, I'm used to cavernous 4v 351c ports. I'm still ironing out technique and what works where.

I did bind the burr in a 7900 upper and the contra head gears survived. Not sure how many times I can get away with that.

Curious where you get that thick heat shrink you use on the handpiece.

I'm glad you are having success. Yes, stuffing a burr usually tears up the head. Good news is that the heads are cheap. The heads I provide are some of the toughest I could find.

I've never been a fan of using ball burrs on a port wall as they are hard to create a flat surface with, I've found the egg shape help to maintain a flat surface. I do like to use balls for tunneling, like around a valve guide or pushing the skinny port edge wall towards the exhaust under the transfer bridge. In short a ball is good for running up and down the port in a small area or in a corner, the egg shape is better for going from side to side of the port and then moving up/down the port for your next pass.

The heat shrink is some generic 3:1 ratio, dual wall (adhesive lined), 3/4". I got it off ebay for around $1.20 a foot.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Last edited:

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last edited:

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is why I had custom burrs made that are 3/16" diameter. 1/4" burrs tear up the heads fast.
When I first got mine I made up 1/4" burrs and as soon as it took a good bite it would strip the head.

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I first got mine I made up 1/4" burrs and as soon as it took a good bite it would strip the head.

Depending on the head latch style some tear up the drive flat inside the cartridge pretty quickly with a 1/4" burr. The normal push button that has a sort of iris mechanism to hold the groove does not last long since the drive flat is short and strips easy.

I use and supply the YAD style head which have a longer drive flat and a guillotine style groove mechanism. There is also one style which has a flip over tang to locate the groove which is super sturdy but I have not been able to find a reliable supplier of those at a decent price. Both of these styles can deal with 1/4" burrs and they'll last a decent amount of time, the problem is it's easy to stuff a 1/4" burr in the back of the port and if you do you'll strip the gears of these styles. With the 3/16" burr is can suffer a few stuffings without stripping as it can generate enough torque to keep the burr from stopping instantly.

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shaun do you have some ready to ship?

AKJonsereds

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally got to try mine out today. I personally think the shape of the burr is perfect for transfers and the size and angles work great. If a round burr is required, I did see some with the proper latch on eBay. I will be using the egg shape more often from now on.

I did have the head loosen initially and worried I had stripped it out extremely fast… but, a little twist fixed it up.

These are excellent tools and I look forward to using it a long time.

Thanks again Shaun! I definitely recommend everyone get one.

Kevinf1

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Do you have any more available?